Page 1 of 2
Hello,

I have a few questions for you about fans.

Do you use fans when you sleep?

Do you prefer fans that go Off-Low-Medium-High, or fans that go Off-High-Medium-Low?

Thank you,

eGraham

BONUS ROUND: Do you have or wish to have a ceiling fan?
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
fans are for peasants

This new place that I'm in has a ceiling fan, so I use that. And I'm on the first floor, so all the heat rises and it gets real warm in my room. So yeah, the fan is nice.

And obviously off-low-med-high is the best
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
yeah i got a ceiling fan in my room. it shakes like its gonna fall down when i run it on high but ever since my A/C broke its all that ive got so yeah
banned
Last edited by deadsmileyface at Sep 4, 2014,
Can't sleep without one in my face.

I have good AC, but it either goes on once an hour and I'm sweating the second it turns off, or I am freezing all night cause it doesn't go turn off. My regular fan just blows cool air so I'm not freezing but without it I sweat real bad while sleeping.

I have really bad paranoia with everything, unless I'm stoned or blackout drunk I worry about a ceiling fan falling on me and killing me in my sleep.
Last edited by Wormholes at Sep 4, 2014,
So you're telling me that, even with AC, your home does not contain even one fan?

We have AC, as well as 5 ceiling fans and a couple ground ones.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

how can you sleep with a fan on your face? i feel nauseous just standing in front of one for 30 seconds lol

I don't use a fan as it gets chilly where I live and I like sleeping with my window open.
STಠ_ಠ
Yes I use fans at night.
I think off-low-med-high is the most logical, however i prefer off-high-med-low because Im most likely going to be using the high setting.

I wish I had a ceiling fan.

georgia
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
I have a personal AC for my room so I don't necessarily need a fan right now. But I do enjoy fans, both because I have zero tolerance for heat and also because I have tinnitus.
Quote by behind_you
off low medium high makes sense

It is the most logical order of settings, but why do off to high fans exist?
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by eGraham
So you're telling me that, even with AC, your home does not contain even one fan?

We have AC, as well as 5 ceiling fans and a couple ground ones.

We don't have any ground ones but there are a couple ceiling fans and the bedrooms and living room have those window AC units
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Sep 4, 2014,
Quote by eGraham
It is the most logical order of settings, but why do off to high fans exist?

Whoa

So high is the first speed for a couple reasons:

1) It gets the blade rotation started quicker, which is the fan's hardest job, and

2) The power switch is a rheostat which does this: "The closer the electrodes are together the more current can pass through. Hence 0 breaks the connection, 1 is "high" and the further away the contacts get from each other, the less current passes through. Result, a speed control that seems backwards compared to a mechanically geared device."
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

My fans are great. I try to reply to all the fan mail as soon as I can. I will, however, not give Jay the nudes he asked for. He better hack my Icloud if he wants those.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
the off-high-low thing is an electrical anomaly of sorts. i prefer it anyway because who uses low? gotta be high all the time back me up thrash

i have tons of ceiling fans. they're all antiques so we don't often use them.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by MinterMan22
how can you sleep with a fan on your face? i feel nauseous just standing in front of one for 30 seconds lol

"hey where's minterman guys?" "he had to stay home cause it's a little windy today"

"Hey minterman wanna come with us? We're gonna cruise in my new convertable" "N-no thanks I-i'll throw up"

"Why didn't minterman get on the rollercoaster with us?" "He get's nauseous if there is air pushing against his body" "poor guy"

"Uhm EXCUSE ME GUYS, thanks for the lift, but can we roll up the windows? I'm gonna hurl. Also, don't turn the AC on, it gets too drafty" "Sure thing... (Who invited this guy!)"
I use a ceiling fan on medium. Cold > warm.

I also use a little rotating fan sometimes when the heat index gets over 110° or when I play old games on my CRT
Quote by Weaponized
"hey where's minterman guys?" "he had to stay home cause it's a little windy today"

"Hey minterman wanna come with us? We're gonna cruise in my new convertable" "N-no thanks I-i'll throw up"

"Why didn't minterman get on the rollercoaster with us?" "He get's nauseous if there is air pushing against his body" "poor guy"

"Uhm EXCUSE ME GUYS, thanks for the lift, but can we roll up the windows? I'm gonna hurl. Also, don't turn the AC on, it gets too drafty" "Sure thing... (Who invited this guy!)"

i hope you get a migraine

Quote by MinterMan22
i hope you get a migraine

cold
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WCPhils
cold

yea but when you've got my sinuses, ya tend to get a little feisty with the whole perpetual headache thing yknow? for the record, i avoid convertibles and roller-coasters

I have fans and ACs in my house. I use fans in the day and the AC at night to save electricity.
Most of my fans are ceiling fans but there's one standing fan/air cooler in the living room.

I prefer off-low-medium-high because I get cold easily. However, the fan in my room starts off high.
cat
Quote by MinterMan22
yea but when you've got my sinuses, ya tend to get a little feisty with the whole perpetual headache thing yknow? for the record, i avoid convertibles and roller-coasters

oh trust me I know

Last time I rode a rollercoaster I ended up in the hospital the migraine was so bad
___

Quote by The_Blode
rollercoasters are fun when you're a kid cause it's like "wtf is going on I don't know but it's giving me adrenaline!" and then as an adult you're like "wtf why would I enjoy my body being flung around helplessly at high speeds"
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Oh sinuses. Honestly I can't even remember the last time I've had a mildly decent sense of smell.(aside from smelling chemical smells that are non existent).
Page 1 of 2