I own 15 guitars now, some cheap, some expensive, (for me at least) but my Mitchell MD200S holds the most sentimental value to me. I just got it a little over a month ago, but it was with me when I got to hang out for my best friend before she left for college, it was the one I used when we sang together at the lake...that alone seems to have given it more value to me that my 90s Yamaha, my Texan re-issue, any of the others. What I want to know is, does anybody else feel similar to a certain guitar of theirs here...like, it isn't your most expensive, or maybe even best sounding, but it holds the most value to you? I'm just asking this for fun basically, and to hear others' stories.
My most sentimental one also happens to be my best sounding and most expensive, so...
My God, it's full of stars!
I've only got the one acoustic (Breedlove AD20/SM I think is the model), and it's definitely not the best guitar in the world, but my parents got it for me on my 14th birthday, so it holds a lot of nostalgia value. Also sounds pretty good for a not-expensive guitar. Maybe my opinion would change if I had other acoustics... But I definitely value it more than my electrics. I can't ever see myself parting with it to be honest.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
How come this is in the acoustic section? Is it exclusive to acoustics?

Anyway, I don't have any stories to attach to my guitars so I don't attribute any sentimental value to them. My Martin is the only acoustic I have left and I have dozens of signatures on them based on people I've met. However, some signed it that I wish had not, so it's not as special as it could be.
hmm..... my most sentimental favorite is the one I'm gonna sneak outta dreadnought's house while he's sleeping
actually, I'd hafta say that it's my first expensive one... the Taylor K10ce. I HATED it at first ( I only bought it to help a friend in financial need). but, over time I've grown to appreciate it a lot more than when I first got it. its sound has opened up greatly in 3 years. still a bit too much "bling" than I care for but I still wouldn't dream of getting rid of it....... unless that Edwinson disappears from Dread's house !
need more gear and a lot more talent(courtesytuxs)
Quote by stepchildusmc
....[ ]..... I'd hafta say that it's my first expensive one... the Taylor K10ce. I HATED it at first ( I only bought it to help a friend in financial need). but, over time I've grown to appreciate it a lot more than when I first got it. its sound has opened up greatly in 3 years. still a bit too much "bling" than I care for but I still wouldn't dream of getting rid of it.......
So plug the damned thing in and EQ it with the amp. Step, we've gone over this time and again....

OK, so I did a search for this guitar, to determine what exactly you meant by "bling".

I'm not sure how someone with 2 Ovations with flames shooting across the top, could suggest the Taylor has "too much bling".

That notwithstanding, the computer at Musician's Friend says, "this item is unavailable". In the "similar items column", it matched up 2 "Rogue" dreadnoughts, and a PRS, "Angelis Custom". Hey, I didn't say it....
Last edited by Captaincranky at Sep 6, 2014,
There are two that I couldn't sell due to moral obligations, but I tend to get attached to the ones that have a lot of me in them, that is, that I have put a lot of successful work into.

I couldn't single out any one, but my daughter would kill me if I sold the 1934 L-00. I've had it about 22 years (since about when she was born), and on average it is the one I play most often, even though I don't think it really sounds that great. I'm not the first to note that the guitars that get played most often aren't always the ones that sound the best. It might have been Ramirez who commented on it about 100 years ago.
Quote by rotoball95
I own 15 guitars now, some cheap, some expensive, (for me at least) but my Mitchell MD200S holds the most sentimental value to me. I just got it a little over a month ago, but it was with me when I got to hang out for my best friend before she left for college, it was the one I used when we sang together at the lake...that alone seems to have given it more value to me that my 90s Yamaha, my Texan re-issue, any of the others. What I want to know is, does anybody else feel similar to a certain guitar of theirs here...like, it isn't your most expensive, or maybe even best sounding, but it holds the most value to you? I'm just asking this for fun basically, and to hear others' stories.

well, it's entirely possible that you will sound your best on the Mitchell, given the fact that the guitarist plays the guitar, not the other way around, if you put more heart and soul into the music with the Mitchell, then that's what counts. All the discussions about expensive guitars and different woods, etc. mask the fact that a guitarist sounds "about the same" on any priced instrument. Some guitars have a "soul". It's an intangible connection with the musician. I've had that happen to me a few times.

That doesn't mean that cheaper is better. But it does mean that there is no correlation between price and your sound. Other factors make the difference.

Properly setup for the individual an inexpensive guitar can in many cases outplay an expensive one.
Last edited by billy_kidd at Jan 22, 2015,