Page 1 of 2
I don't think I'd ever leave my house if I were to get one of those. My neighbors would eventually kill me.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Cool but I don't think the market exists for these.

The built in distortion seems really useless.
Last edited by Jyrgen at Sep 5, 2014,
The distortion sounds Metallica, guys. That's not bad. I think.

Also, it seems we can finally whammy without a whammy bar.
Quote by gregs1020
can it fill in all the notes i miss?

What about the notes I fluff?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Props for trying to do something new, but there's no market for this.

It sounds and lookslike shit too.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Sep 5, 2014,
OT:
It sounds like a cool concept, but...it only works as a concept. People still want physical amps, as in amps that aren't attached to their guitars.
That's cool. It looks like crap but if someone takes the idea and runs with it, there absolutely could be a market for an electric guitar with those features. They need to be able to market it at 200$ or less for the youngsters though.

Advantages for a newb - get into the hobby without the need for an amp. Just plug in headphones. Don't need a pedal to make distortion tones. Cheaper to construct the guitar, because all the sound is being processed inside the controller, so plywood construction won't matter. You don't need more than one pickup either.

And you could also remove most of the need for tuning too. There's no reason why they couldn't pitch-correct with a good enough processor.

And I'd be willing to bet that a really creative and skilled player would be able to do wicked things with a touchscreen controller.
i kind of want this im currious to what it costs, the stoner in me would be amused for weeks.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
But I already saw your mom this week!

But seriously, this would have been really cool for playing KMFDM covers in 1997.
Last edited by jpnyc at Sep 5, 2014,
List price is $577.76 for both the guitar and bass so retail will probably be a little over $400. But I'm guessing the instruments won't be too good considering a Mini KP2 alone costs $160.

Matt Bellamy has a XY pad on his Manson and that's what probably inspired Ibanez to make this. Other people have put XY pads on guitars too but they're all MIDI. I think Ibanez is taking it a step further by not having it MIDI. You can just plug it into an amp and be good to go. It's a very simple setup compared to the traditional way to use a Kaos Pad with a guitar.

You can also sample and record on the Mini KP2.
Last edited by JELIFISH19 at Sep 5, 2014,
Cool, ignore what people really want and make more niche guitars that only a few would even consider.
Quote by archenemyfan
Cool, ignore what people really want and make more niche guitars that only a few would even consider.

sarcasm? or nah?
Well, I think it's a cool idea but judging by the demo it sounds terrible (and looks ugly).
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Something that puzzles me is that Gibson has been trying to put effects like these into guitars for several years now. And they've all been commercial failures. Why didn't Ibanez get the hint that most guitarists are not very interested in this kind of technology?
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Something that puzzles me is that Gibson has been trying to put effects like these into guitars for several years now. And they've all been commercial failures. Why didn't Ibanez get the hint that most guitarists are not very interested in this kind of technology?

Good question. I think it's the battery/power issue that causes it to fail. I would love to have delay built into the guitar with a tap tempo and a mix knob.
Quote by reverb66
Good question. I think it's the battery/power issue that causes it to fail. I would love to have delay built into the guitar with a tap tempo and a mix knob.

It's not the power issue at all. It's the fact that many of the effects these guitars have are effects that have been available as pedals/stompboxes/amps for decades. It's trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist.

Not only that, but the effects these guitars have are exclusive to the guitars only. If your effects setup consists of the on-board effects of the guitar, plugging in another guitar makes you lose all the effects you once had. The idea is fundamentally flawed on so many levels.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Sep 5, 2014,
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
I will cut you.

Ibanez' are overrated.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Meh, I already have better planned

- Squier VM Jaguar
- Swap Trem out for Mustang Trem
- Install guts for Kaos Pad into Floating Trem Cavity
- add additional switching features to the Rhythm Circuit panel

thinking about doing this and throwing a Sustainiac and maybe MiDi in the mix to create the most psychotic nightmare of wiring ever. This plan is far off though.
My Current Mains
- 1996 Fender Jag-Stang with EMG Pickups
- 1998 Fender Jaguar with Cool Rails
- 1982 Hondo Paul Dean II (DiMarzio Super II X2)
- 2010 "Fender" Jazzmaster (Home built)
- 2013 Squier VM Bass VI (stock)
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

Nah.

They really are. Given the circle jerking fanboys.

I hope you know I'm kidding. Although the fanboyism does annoy me.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
I will cut you.

---
I really want to like the idea of a commercial effects pad if it was implemented to be usable with any guitar. I struggle with it though, because expression pedals are a thing.
Last edited by Will Lane at Sep 5, 2014,
So... I guess I'm the only one that thinks the guitar is stupid?

Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
They really are. Given the circle jerking fanboys.

I hope you know I'm kidding. Although the fanboyism does annoy me.

NO! YOU'RE SO WRONG! NO ONE UNDERSTANDS ME!

I figured you were kidding, Mac. And the fanboyism is bad, yes.

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
So... I guess I'm the only one that thinks the guitar is stupid?

No, it's totally stupid. But...it could lead to something...okay, one day...soon. Maybe.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Sep 5, 2014,
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
NO! YOU'RE SO WRONG! NO ONE UNDERSTANDS ME!

I figured you were kidding, Mac. And the fanboyism is bad, yes.

No, it's totally stupid. But...it could lead to something...okay, one day...soon. Maybe.

Yeah like the idea of it is coolish?

What really doesn't help convince me is that video. Did they not listen to how terrible that shit sounded before they uploaded it?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Yeah the guitar (particularly the distortion to me) sounds bad. But if the distortion is controllable through the pad, it could just be the demoer,
trying to advertise to those fanboys.

I've seen pad effects done before, and I've seen effects literally on a guitar before. Ibanez has somewhat refined it to the kaos pad. They just need to rip it out of that guitar and make it a stand alone product.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Yeah like the idea of it is coolish?

Exactly. If further refined, it could be a good thing for beginners.

What really doesn't help convince me is that video. Did they not listen to how terrible that shit sounded before they uploaded it?

I know. It's bad marketing.
There goes another great invention in the guitar world, fixing a problem that doesn't exist.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Exactly. If further refined, it could be a good thing for beginners.

I know. It's bad marketing.

It's almost anti-marketing. Like I hear that shit and just go 'nope' right away.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by JustRooster
There goes another great invention in the guitar world, fixing a problem that doesn't exist.

I kind of see it as guitars can now have a place in (broad term here) electronica's environments.

Heavy dubstep drops don't have to be pre-rendered from someone's laptop. Guitars can do it now.
Quote by Will Lane
I kind of see it as guitars can now have a place in (broad term here) electronica's environments.

Heavy dubstep drops don't have to be pre-rendered from someone's laptop. Guitars can do it now.

I bet that dubmetal kid on Youtube would have a field day with that thing.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by JustRooster

I'm sure that's what they said about electric guitars in the '30s.

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
It's almost anti-marketing. Like I hear that shit and just go 'nope' right away.

Yup.

I mean, I'm impressed they get those tones with that tinyass amp (built in to the guitar, no less), but I'd also really, really, really, REALLY rather buy a physical amp and get a tone that's 100times better.
Page 1 of 2