So I'm just wondering which of these two guitars you guys would personally go for if given the choice:

Ibanez JEM 7V
Fender Strat Yngwie Malmsteen 2010

If anyone has any opinions on either of them, it'd be greatly appreciated
i don't play a 7 string.

this thread is going to be really stupid. you offer a single six string guitar, and a single seven string guitar.

guess what will be the deciding factor in 90% of the responses?

i was tempted to say, the one made in japan but "2 or B" sounded better atm.
Quote by gregs1020
i don't play a 7 string.

this thread is going to be really stupid. you offer a single six string guitar, and a single seven string guitar.

guess what will be the deciding factor in 90% of the responses?

i was tempted to say, the one made in japan but "2 or B" sounded better atm.

Least you could have done is Googled the JEM 7V; it's a six string, my easily-angered friend .
Whichever is cheaper
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
Quote by Mezo
Least you could have done is Googled the JEM 7V; it's a six string, my easily-angered friend .

i'm not angry, it just seemed stupid. but that is hilarious.

so i'd pick B because basically jems are attention vvhorish and i don't jive with ibby necks.
Ignoring the fact that the it's is almost twice as expensive as the strat, I would definitely go for the Jem 7V. Vai is one of my favorite guitarists of all time and I'm a big fan of ibanez necks.
prolly the jem

but it's a bit of a weird selection there. it looks like you've picked signature guitars from your two favourite players, which is normally not a great idea (I thought like that too when i'd just started playing ). You're basically comparing a scalloped strat and a superstrat. they're pretty different.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
prolly the jem

but it's a bit of a weird selection there. it looks like you've picked signature guitars from your two favourite players, which is normally not a great idea (I thought like that too when i'd just started playing ). You're basically comparing a scalloped strat and a superstrat. they're pretty different.

It is kind of a weird selection, but they're not really my favorite players. To make a long story short I was offered both of these guitars for very similar prices and I really don't plan on selling either (even if I can just sell and buy the other and pocket the change.)

Back to the main point though, any reason you'd go for the Jem?
I'd go for the JEM. Why? Because it would have a large tone range, and prestige Ibanezes are excellent.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Sep 5, 2014,
Quote by Mezo
(a) It is kind of a weird selection, but they're not really my favorite players. To make a long story short I was offered both of these guitars for very similar prices and I really don't plan on selling either (even if I can just sell and buy the other and pocket the change.)

(b) Back to the main point though, any reason you'd go for the Jem?

(a) no worries, that's fair enough

(b) I've never tried a guitar with a fully-scalloped fretboard (the jem's scalloped at the top few frets but that's not a major problem) and i'd be scared I wouldn't like it.

Also I find superstrats like the jem pretty versatile and they just suit me very well. i like strats too but prefer superstrats.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Neither, look at all other options before you purchase a guitar.
Some see the glass half full, others see the glass half empty. Me? I see that the glass is refillable.
Quote by NewDayHappy
Neither, look at all other options before you purchase a guitar.

He's narrowed it down to the 2 options in the OP. What's the issue here?
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
He's narrowed it down to the 2 options in the OP. What's the issue here?

I just hope he would reconsider, if I absolutely had to, I would take the Yngwie Strat, but I would exhaust all other options for that amount of money.
Some see the glass half full, others see the glass half empty. Me? I see that the glass is refillable.
All he said about price was that he:

...was offered both of these guitars for very similar prices...

We don't actually know what that price was, or even if it was a good or bad price?

So, how much are those guitars being offered to you for?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
^ good point
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If the 7v is one of the premium indo ones i'd prob go for that, i think they may be a bit hit and miss buy my mate just picked up the premium indo vai 7 string, and the build quality on that thing is insane, time will tell, but i had a good look and play of it and i cant say that it was any worse than my jap ibanez's, the only thing i noticed was the bridge was possibly made out of alloy rather than steel.
RG's & Mesa's