https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvBuTYCZ1IY

On this, do I need two amps to do what he's doing. for the first 30 seconds he's playing then he presses his pedal and that keeps repeating.

then he continues to play something else over it. and a few minutes later that is playing over what was originally playing and then he plays something else! it sounds great and i'd love to know how.

do I need two amps to achieve this? or can they both be played into the same amp? clearly I have no idea!
Last edited by marklcfc at Sep 5, 2014,
Have you really been a member here (and presumably, a guitar player) since 2007 and never heard of a loop pedal?
i sold my amp around 2010 as i couldn't figure anything out. i had a dl4 back then and couldn't work it out. I'd like to get back into it again hence why I asked
Quote by marklcfc
i sold my amp around 2010 as i couldn't figure anything out. i had a dl4 back then and couldn't work it out. I'd like to get back into it again hence why I asked

On a Line 6 DL4, hit A to start recording, then hit A again when you're done.
It helps to use two amps if your going to use a looper for mixing and sound quality reasons. When you layer a bunch of guitar tracks on top of each other through the same amp it sounds terrible. That being said, two amps are not necessary and any looper pedal will do.
Quote by reverb66
It helps to use two amps if your going to use a looper for mixing and sound quality reasons. When you layer a bunch of guitar tracks on top of each other through the same amp it sounds terrible. That being said, two amps are not necessary and any looper pedal will do.

In that case, you'll also need a splitter of some sort set up. Maybe a cable exiting right before the looper to the amp, and another going to the looper then to the other amp. Two loopers for each amp would be better, then you cut the loop-load on each amp by half.
Last edited by Will Lane at Sep 5, 2014,
I have a ditto looper, a great introductory to loop pedals, not a lot of bells and whistles but a really nice way to break in using them. Check loop station music out on you tube, its pretty wild some of the sounds people get, some can make it seem like they have a whole backing band.
How have you been a member for 7 years and never heard of a looper pedal?
"Music Without Emotion Is Like Food Without Flavour"
Paul Gilbert