So, i got me some new seymour duncans and im gonna install them in my guitar, obviously. Now, they are an SH-6 and an SH-2, so two humbuckers, and they can be coil split. I have an Ibanez SZ with 2 volume, 1 tone and a 3 way switch.

Now, what i want to do is wire them so that they coil split in the middle position and that they are both on at that time, since thats the way it works right now. And i also want to wire them only to the 2 volume controls, since i dont really need the tone and i will eventually switch it for a killswitch.

However, i have no idea how to do this. The only wiring diagram with a 3way switch and two volumes has the push/pull pot installed, and my pots arent push pull. Here's the diagram:

http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=2h_2v_3w_ssp

im guessing that the push/pull pots split each pickup separately, but like i said, i want them to be split in the middle position of the 3 way switch. I guess i could just wire them the say way that the current pickups are wired, but i really dont want to keep the tone control in there. So if anyone knows how to do it, please do tell.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Quote by gorkyporky
So, i got me some new seymour duncans and im gonna install them in my guitar, obviously. Now, they are an SH-6 and an SH-2, so two humbuckers, and they can be coil split. I have an Ibanez SZ with 2 volume, 1 tone and a 3 way switch.

Now, what i want to do is wire them so that they coil split in the middle position and that they are both on at that time, since thats the way it works right now. And i also want to wire them only to the 2 volume controls, since i dont really need the tone and i will eventually switch it for a killswitch.

However, i have no idea how to do this. The only wiring diagram with a 3way switch and two volumes has the push/pull pot installed, and my pots arent push pull. Here's the diagram:

http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=2h_2v_3w_ssp

im guessing that the push/pull pots split each pickup separately, but like i said, i want them to be split in the middle position of the 3 way switch. I guess i could just wire them the say way that the current pickups are wired, but i really dont want to keep the tone control in there. So if anyone knows how to do it, please do tell.

In order to split both pickups at the same time you need a 4pdt switch (DiMarzio make them), and wire it as if it was two separate dpdt switches (as in two push-pull pots) ganged together. I have an on-on-on 4pdt switch that does series/single parallel. If you use an on-on switch, you can do either series/single or series/parallel. I have found that there is very little difference between parallel and single in the SH-2, but it could be different with other pickups.