I have an American Fender Deluxe HSS. I bought it used from Guitar Center 6 or 7 years ago and when I bought it, the guy said "You're gonna love those pickups". He may have even said the name of them, but for the life of me, I can't remember what he said. Then again, he could've just been blowing smoke to get me to buy it.

ANYWAY, how can I tell what kind of pickups they are? Do I need to take the pickguard off and pull them out and look for a brand/model#? Can you typically find that printed on the pickups somewhere?
Usually, there's either a sticker or some sort of logo on the base plate of the pups to give a sort of indication as to who made them.

Sometimes it's a bit harder and you need to examine the construction (spacers, bobbins, wire colors/type etc...) to narrow down the results.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Opened it up and looked on the bottom of the pups. Looks like they're just standard fender noiseless.

Thanks for your help!