I'm trying to start my own one man project and I need a bass.
I've played guitar for about 5 years, and am going to start playing bass now.

I've been looking at this
http://www.samash.com/bc-rich-warlock-revenge-bass-guitar-brwboxxxxx

any other suggestions?
Someone is wrong on the internet. Only you can help.

Quote by Tulkas

Stairway is required on any list of anything involving the words guitar or song, I believe Congress amended the constitution in order to put it into federal law.
The B.C. Rich basses were certainly popular with the Hair Metal bands of the 1980s, but I think that there are better basses for you. For about the same price as the B.C. Rich, you could get a Squier Vintage Modified Jazz bass that would certainly play better, and probably sound better, too. Are you sure you want a four-string bass? A lot of current metal bands employ five-string basses. What is your budget? And are you willing to buy a used bass? If you go used, your choices increase considerably.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Check out the IbanezGSR200. Great beginner bass. Ibanez is good for metal.
Guitar gear:
LTD TE-202
Orange Crush Pix CR20LDX

Pedalboard:
Ibanez TS9->
MV Shredhead->
Ibanez Airplane Flanger->
Boss DD7

Will work for gear
Check out the FAQ for some of the standard suggestions. Usually we'd advise you to stay away from that low end BC Rich stuff. They're great for poking someone's eye out with, but other than that you can do much much better.

Check out the Squier Vintage Modified and Classic Vibe series Precision and Jazz basses, they're probably the best bang for your buck and can do just about anything. Also worth a look: the Ibanez GSR200 or better yet the SR300, or the Peavey Millennium BXP.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass