Hey,
I recently started playing Enter Sandman and when I get to the solo and kick the Wah on it sounds great until I start playing the first string with the Wah. I hear little bit of wah and it sounds almost mute or high pitched depending were the pedal is(Without the sweet Wah sound). Does anyone know what might cause this? I've tried everything from tone change to putting on my 10 band EQ and COMP. I'm starting to think it could be a pickup issue?
My setup is a Godin Progression boutique guitar, Fender FM212R Amp, Distortion +, 10 band EQ (dunlop), Super Comp & the 535Q.

Thanks
Last edited by FreakishGuitar at Sep 5, 2014,
If you're powering all your pedals properly, then it's likely feedback.

You may lower your gain to solve that, but what you really need is a new amp.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
where do you have the wah in your effects chain?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Spambot_2
If you're powering all your pedals properly, then it's likely feedback.

You may lower your gain to solve that, but what you really need is a new amp.

Thanks for the input, I think you are correct my Amp has been acting weird since I got it, I bought it used off of kijiji only for $100, good while it lasted eh haha. I was looking at getting a Marshall DLC 15 do you think that would be a good amp? I've watched/read reviews and it sounds freakin lovely. This time I am buying new!
Sorry for the late reply I was at a Wedding
Quote by Dave_Mc
where do you have the wah in your effects chain?

It's the second pedal from my guitar, the first is my tuner so that shouldn't affect it
I gotta say, this sounds normal. Wah requires a certain amount of technique. It's a bandpass filter whose centre frequency changes with pedal position. Heel down it only passes low frequencies; toe down, high frequencies. That's what you're describing isn't it?
You can't always go full sweep. Sometimes you have to work the upper region, sometimes the lower.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
I gotta say, this sounds normal. Wah requires a certain amount of technique. It's a bandpass filter whose centre frequency changes with pedal position. Heel down it only passes low frequencies; toe down, high frequencies. That's what you're describing isn't it?
You can't always go full sweep. Sometimes you have to work the upper region, sometimes the lower.

Sorry I miss explained, I use a fair amount of Q to get that kirk hammet sound and it Wahs really nice when I am using any strings until I get to the 1st 2nd string while I move the pedal it sounds as if I am not moving it not giving me that nice wah cry
Quote by FreakishGuitar
I was looking at getting a Marshall DLC 15 do you think that would be a good amp? I've watched/read reviews and it sounds freakin lovely.
You mean DSL15C?

If you want something like that you're better off with a used DSL401, which is bigger and does sound better overall.

Also yeah, it's a good amp, I'd say it's money well spent if you like its sound.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Quote by Spambot_2
You mean DSL15C?

If you want something like that you're better off with a used DSL401, which is bigger and does sound better overall.

Also yeah, it's a good amp, I'd say it's money well spent if you like its sound.

yea I mean the DSL15c. I was looking at the 401's they look really good but they are fairly rare, I wish they never discontinued them!.
Little update, the DSL40C seems like a viable option as well
Last edited by FreakishGuitar at Sep 8, 2014,
Well they go used for fairly cheap, I would look into it if I was you.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola