Hey guys, I have been wondering if someone could point me towards a solid backup guitar for the price mentioned. My band plays a kind of melodic hard rock with strong blues rock and a bit of prog influences... so far I have been looking at Squiers since they really aren't half as bad as people say, mainly the more expensive ones. The vintage modified series, for example. However, all of the VM Strats I found have 3 single coils and I NEED at least one humbucker there, preferably a HSH combination...
Any advice would be appreciated
Also, I am not against used instruments, but the market for those is not that big here in Slovakia...
Guitars:
Epiphone Sheraton II
ESP LTD MH-1000FR
Vintage VRS100

Amps
Randall RH150G3 (and 412 cab)
Kustom RC30
Line 6 POD HD500
I'm quite in your same situation, and I play very similar music genres too.
I have an HH with actives and no floyd, and I'm considering a Charvel 375 deluxe (or a similar model, 1989 production) that a friend of mine is selling for 300 euros.
I've read the quality/cost is very good on that ones
It's SSH, floyd rose, so it sounds quite versatile... I'm gonna try it soon, I'll let you know if it's worth considering or not (probably more expert users will leave their opinion on that one too).

Another thing you can do, is to install mini humbuckers in the single coil space maybe? I've seen some very good guitar players do that and they like the result.
So you can find a used squier and get some more versatility out if it, according to your needs!

Just my opinion of course!
This guitar would be a great backup
www.thomann.de/gb/vintage_v100it.htm
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Could grab a strat then an aftermarket pickguard with the HSH combo in (if it will fit)

Or possibly a Squier telecaster custom?
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by Robbgnarly
This guitar would be a great backup
www.thomann.de/gb/vintage_v100it.htm

I know of these guitars, but I don't want another LP style guitar, my Sheraton II is enough. I want a Strat or a Superstrat... however, I just found an almost new Squier Vintage Modified Cabronita Telecaster for 190€... sounds like a pretty decent guitar for that price! Anyone has got any experience with those?

About that Charvel, I'll check them out, I heard they are quite good for the price, thanks!
Guitars:
Epiphone Sheraton II
ESP LTD MH-1000FR
Vintage VRS100

Amps
Randall RH150G3 (and 412 cab)
Kustom RC30
Line 6 POD HD500
What LP type guitar do you have? The Sheraton is not even close if that is your comparison. and I saw the MH that is why I suggested a LP type

But yes that Squier should work fine
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Michele_R
Another thing you can do, is to install mini humbuckers in the single coil space maybe? I've seen some very good guitar players do that and they like the result.
So you can find a used squier and get some more versatility out if it, according to your needs!

Just my opinion of course!

Mini humbuckers is an entirely different thing from Single-coil-sized humbuckers (look at a Les Paul Deluxe), and if he's on a budget it really isn't an option, a good single-coil-sized humbuckers is easily €90 each.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.