Hey UG! I currently have a Vox AC30c2 and I'm looking for an overdrive to get some more distorted tones. Something like Pearl Jam or any of those 90s bands really. What would you recommend?
Current amp: Vox AC30c2
Budget: $100, I could go higher but I'm looking to spend around this. No preference for new or used.
And he who forgets, will be destined to remember...
- Pearl Jam
Our minds will never erase, all those fears and doubts we face
- Difficult
Would you use it more as a boost or more as a standalone overdrive?

In any case, my vote goes to the zvex super hard on (or super duper if you want more distortion than boost).
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I was thinking a standalone overdrive tbh. I'll check out those Zvex pedals!
And he who forgets, will be destined to remember...
- Pearl Jam
Our minds will never erase, all those fears and doubts we face
- Difficult
I'd try a Fulltone OCD, they have a Marshall-ish flavour that would work for that '90s alt-rock mid-gain tone.

For higher gain stuff like Alice In Chains and Soundgarden, a Big Muff-style fuzz or high-gain distortion (maybe a Wampler Plextortion) would probably work better.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Although I don't tend to go after Pearl Jam and their ilk tones (Not that I don't like them)...
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET works good for me.
Zvex Box Of Rock (Boost section which I think is a Zvex Super Hard On that Spambot_2 suggested.
Either of those you may find used for around $100, or less if you hunt around a bit.

Personally, I do like Overdrives based on the Boss SD-1 with an AC30 as opposed to a Tubescreamer (Even though I have 2 tubescreamers).

Edit:
What Linkerman said is good too.
Get a ProCo Rat. It can do light overdrives to rockin' distortion really easily. Works great with the Vox, in fact I believe the first Foo Fighters album was a Rat into an AC30.