Hello, guys!

I currently own a Marshall MG30cfx that I use for study and some gigs. I like the amp, but I think it is not so good for metal stuff. I'm thinking about getting a Peavey Envoy 110 Transtube. Do you guys think it will be a very noticeable difference or I will just get almost the same thing? I haven't tried the Peavey yet, but I saw some good reviews about it.

Ty all for your answers.
Thanks, buddy. The hard thing is that I live in Brazil, and the things here are astronomically expensive. For example, this Peavey here costs $531,35, while the average salary is around $400,00. It's insane. But, I will try to clarify what I really want:

I mostly play metal (children of bodom, death, agalloch, bls, etc) and I have a Jackson RR5 with a DiMarzio D-Activator on the bridge. I want a sound that is heavy, not so muddy, with good harmonics and not so "thin". A good example is the Alexi Laiho kind of sound. I know it's a very different gear, but I want at least something "close" to it.
Last edited by warheart91 at Sep 6, 2014,
What about a used 6505+?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by warheart91
Thanks, buddy. The hard thing is that I live in Brazil, and the things here are astronomically expensive. For example, this Peavey here costs $531,35, while the average salary is around $400,00. It's insane. But, I will try to clarify what I really want:

I mostly play metal (children of bodom, death, agalloch, bls, etc) and I have a Jackson RR5 with a DiMarzio D-Activator on the bridge. I want a sound that is heavy, not so muddy, with good harmonics and not so "thin". A good example is the Alexi Laiho kind of sound. I know it's a very different gear, but I want at least something "close" to it.

That sucks, but the options you've given are like making someone a shit sandwich and asking if they want white bread or wheat bread. Doesn't matter, it's still shit.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
if somebody put a gun to my head and say which one, i would say peavey.

however the worst thing about the peavey is a 10" speaker amp.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Cathbard
What about a used 6505+?

Price here (the cheapest and used): $1361,85. I think I will have to stick with my Marshall. hahaha Thanks anyway, man. Maybe I can try testing some national brands here. Meteoro is a "known" brand around here, and some of the amps are pretty cool.

Quote by Arby911
That sucks, but the options you've given are like making someone a shit sandwich and asking if they want white bread or wheat bread. Doesn't matter, it's still shit.

hahahaha Sorry If I couldn't explain any better. I have a dream of having a big Mesa Boogie. But around here, a used Subway Blues costs around $1250,00. Looks like I'm ****ed anyways. :v

Quote by trashedlostfdup
if somebody put a gun to my head and say which one, i would say peavey.

however the worst thing about the peavey is a 10" speaker amp.

Oh, I see. hahaha This Peavey I've mentioned is something that I can get here. But If it will not be any better than my Marshall, there is no point in buying one.
How about an used Peavey Vypyr 30 or an used Line6 Flextone II combo?
Can you find one of those in your area?
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Linkerman
How about an used Peavey Vypyr 30 or an used Line6 Flextone II combo?
Can you find one of those in your area?

Around here, I only could find a Vypyr 15, Vypyr 75 and the Envoy 110 Transtube. The Vypyr 75 is around $600, and the Envoy 110 is the one that I can try trading my MG30, a Dimebucker and a Boss Chorus for. I don't know if it worth that, but as I can see, MG Series have a really bad reputation... :T