I want to lower the action on my trem. I know how to, but I heard that lowering a floating trem can dull the knife edges so you have to loosen the strings to pull it back first. I have blocked my trem because of the issues with floating trems and the fact that it stays in tune much better now (It's not a locking trem so if you touch the whammy bar it goes out of tune). I dont intend to ever use the trem so will it matter if I dull the knife edges?

Thanks in advance
It's probably best to loosen the strings a bit, but you don't have to pull anything back. You're not going to dull those knife edges in a single go.
Quote by dspellman
It's probably best to loosen the strings a bit, but you don't have to pull anything back. You're not going to dull those knife edges in a single go.

Thanks. Will I have to remove the trem block also?
Quote by dspellman

Yep,

Some times I don't like dspellman's bluntness, but he is 100% right
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by StaticBacon
Thanks. Will I have to remove the trem block also?

I don't, I block a strat-style trem by wedging a piece of hardwood or aluminium between the trem block and the back of the trem block cavity. I tried leaving the springs in once, but took them out because I thought the sustain was better without them.