So I was thinking of changing up a portion of my rig, I was going to get rid of my:

-Blackstar HT-5C
-Line 6 POD HD500X
-Ibanez S570

And I wanted to buy a better amp, sadly the only options I have are either Blackstar or Orange amps (due to where I live, and ordering online would cost me insane amount on shipping) so I was thinking of getting:

-Orange TH30
-Ibanez Tubescreamer

Do you guys think what I'm doing is am upgrade in tone (in your opinions of course)? If not, could you recommend other amps?

Also as a little side note, I'd like to get at least one of three tones: 1) Dave Mustaine. 2) Alexi Laiho. 3 Yngwie
T'wer I you, I'd keep the HD500X but ditch the HT-5 and buy a small PA, even if it's just a good powered wedge. Even if you decide to buy a big tube amp later, you can't have too many wedges; so it's not money wasted on a stepping stone.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Sep 7, 2014,
Whether you decide to get the TH30 or not, I'd keep the pd if I was you.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I've got an S570 and upgraded the pickups to Dimarzio Evolutions and was very pleased with that upgrade.
IMO the stock pickups were kinda meh.
If you like the way it feels, I would keep it.
Best to dump the Blackstar.

And I would listen the Cathbard.

Where are you and whats your budget?
Quote by Mezo

And I wanted to buy a better amp, sadly the only options I have are either Blackstar or Orange amps (due to where I live, and ordering online would cost me insane amount on shipping) so I was thinking of getting:

Your profile says you live in the United States, so you shouldn't have to worry about shipping . If you order from a place like Sweetwater or American Musical you won't have to pay tax or shipping. This can really expand your options and stretch your money for you can have more options, especially buying new. Both stores mentioned are extremely reputable, with great customer service and have a great return policy (if you need to use it for any reason). Just something to think about.
Quote by Way Cool JR.
Your profile says you live in the United States, so you shouldn't have to worry about shipping . If you order from a place like Sweetwater or American Musical you won't have to pay tax or shipping. This can really expand your options and stretch your money for you can have more options, especially buying new. Both stores mentioned are extremely reputable, with great customer service and have a great return policy (if you need to use it for any reason). Just something to think about.

Curse this out-of-date profile! I used to live in the States a few years ago, now I live in the Middle East, where instruments are a little more difficult to get a hold of. It would genuinely cost me way too much money to get any sort of equipment shipped sadly
Quote by CodeMonk
I've got an S570 and upgraded the pickups to Dimarzio Evolutions and was very pleased with that upgrade.
IMO the stock pickups were kinda meh.
If you like the way it feels, I would keep it.
Best to dump the Blackstar.

And I would listen the Cathbard.

Where are you and whats your budget?

It's not so much that I dislike the guitar, it's more of a fact of me having a few guitars and this one is sort of expendable, so might as well cash in on it and go for something that could be of a little more use to me. I'd say my budget is about $1500-ish.
Can you find a laney IRT Studio 15 out there?

Probably worth keeping the hd500x, the th30 would be an upgrade over the ht5c though.
The TH30 wouldn't do any of the sounds you for looking for particularly well, though it would be a better amp in general than the HT5. I'd keep the Pod, it's a high quality unit that can be used even if you get a new amp for effects. Are Blackstar and Orange your ONLY options period? I'd think a good Marshall could really be the ticket honestly.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.