So I lucked into a good price on a Peavey Windsor head, and I need something to hook it up to, obviously. Due to various real life expenses, I'm not gonna have the money to spring on a cab for a month or so. I've got a Peavey Special 212 combo sitting at home though; any suggestions on how I might use that in place of a cab, if at all? I know it's not the most ideal solution but we work with what we have.
Last edited by UnbrokenGlass at Sep 7, 2014,
Not unless you wanna make yourself an 1/4" TS jack to 4 faston's cable.
Or two 1/4" TS to 2 faston's each.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
If the back of your amp has a 1/4" plug going from the speakers into the amp, just plug that into the new head. If not, you will have to wire in a 1/4" female jack. You'll need to figure out what the impedance of the cabinet is and set the amp to match.
Last edited by Jason43 at Sep 7, 2014,
I'm sorry TS, but if you don't know what that means you're probably better off not doing it.
What that means anyway is basically that you would have to make yourself two cables, each one with a 1/4" TS jack (the ones used to connect guitars to amps) on one end and two faston connectors (the ones you connect to the speakers) on the other end.

I realized afterwards that the other idea with the single TS jack to faston's wouldn't have worked so just ignore it.

Also Jason, the amp doesn't have such an input.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.