Okay, so I'm looking for a microphone that I can plug in to my RC-300, so I can loop vocals and other things like percussive sounds etc.

Here are some things I'm wondering about:

1. I have my guitar plugged into the RC-300, and want a microphone plugged into it as well, this means (in my case) that the vocals and whatever else I'll loop with the microphone will come out through the guitar amp. What will this do to the sounds of the recordings? Will it work good with vocals etc through a guitar amp? I have pedals for overdrive and other effects (which the microphone will bypass). The amp is in clean mode, so there's no real tonal change which affects the microphone except the usual treble, mid and bass on the amp.

2. The RC-300 is in the amps FX loop, will it work with a microphone plugged in directly to it, without first going through the regular input?

3. What is a good microphone for looping? Since I'll most of the time have other loops going and/or plays guitar at the same time, it would be good if the microphone doesn't catch the sound coming from the amp. Also, it would be good if the microphone has a simple on/off switch so I can have it turned off while not using it (most microphone might have this, I don't know).

This turned out to be a longer post than expected but I hope you will care to read it anyway and help a not-so-knowing guitarist out!

Thanks!
1. passing a mic through a guitar amp will make it sound pretty funny.
Even on the cleanest settings, guitar amps color the sounds coming in a fair bit.
So, not necessarily bad, but not natural for sure.

2. that would be better but still not clean - the speakers are a big part of an amp's sound.

3. you want a cardioid mic!
Look up "microphone polar figures" on google for more on the subject, it's easy and you'll lear something useful so do it when you have 5 spare minutes.
Anyway, an SM58.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Well I'm a spambot, what else would you expect from one?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.