Hey! This is my first track produced in Mixcraft! To be able to post this I had to actually buy the program which cost me about 75$ so hopefully some of these new tracks I'm working on sound as good as their worth. The song is actually a homeage to a Garageband app for the iPad which I previously used to produce songs- the app would crash every five minutes in order to "Optimize Performance". Happy to be using this new program, let me know what you think and I will gladly C4C!

Link:
https://soundcloud.com/owen-griffin-1/optimize
Last edited by owen556 at Sep 8, 2014,
cool track.

i only recently got into electronic (and chillwave) music but i have to say you did a pretty good job with this one. really interesting patterns and transitions and a great progression of ideas - kept my attention all the way through and was always fresh and interesting to listen to. good dynamic variation too. i liked the kinda gothic vibe it had at some points but felt that you maybe used too many different instruments - still, pretty good for a first track.

the outro was pretty sick too :P
by the way, i stole this riff.
You know, I'm usually not really into electronic music, but I enjoyed this. Especially the part around 0:42 where it busts in.
2:40 is another enjoyable part.
I don't have anything helpful to say because I liked it. It didn't seem to drag on monotonously or become tedious like most electronic music I have heard. It was a breath of fresh air.
Keep up the good work!
Thanks for the feedback! I enjoyed your song. I feel like this could be used in a movie soundtrack. Maybe as the credits are rolling. That's just the vibe I got. Some pretty interesting sounds in there. Do I hear some 808s?
Quote by fridzeppelin
Thanks for the feedback! I enjoyed your song. I feel like this could be used in a movie soundtrack. Maybe as the credits are rolling. That's just the vibe I got. Some pretty interesting sounds in there. Do I hear some 808s?

Yes you do! I already have another song I'm ready to post thats more house oriented, all thanks to mixcraft!
Hey,
I was actually listening to this earlier yesterday but got busy and delayed commenting.
Very solid track. I quite enjoyed it. I liked the occasional video game vibe which I'm usually into when it comes to electronic music.
There's definitely a lot going on. Sometimes maybe too much for my liking, but I'm sure that with several listenings I would get used to it. I'm not hugely familiar with electronic music.
I particularly enjoyed the chill intro and ending bit. They seemed to go well together as well.

Seems like mixcraft is serving you well, my friend
This would make for a pretty awesome intro track for a short film. The intro is real nice, like someone leading us to a door only for it to be broken down before us showing us the vast land before us. I don't know why, but it kind of puts I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream. It really keeps your attention throughout and is diverse enough to not have your mind wonder off. Great stuff, m'friend! Keep up this fantastic work and thanks for the crit!
Quote by mangablade
If star wars had a Heavy Metal band (no not "Vader" lol), then you would be it. You sound like a anrgy mother****ing Yoda.

I sound like an angry Yoda...is that a good thing...or a bad thing? lol
Quote by Bleak
This would make for a pretty awesome intro track for a short film. The intro is real nice, like someone leading us to a door only for it to be broken down before us showing us the vast land before us. I don't know why, but it kind of puts I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream. It really keeps your attention throughout and is diverse enough to not have your mind wonder off. Great stuff, m'friend! Keep up this fantastic work and thanks for the crit!

I'm absolutely shocked you know what that is!!! For anyone wondering its a short story about a supercomputer that destroys humanity and keeps a handful of people alive to torture them for the rest of time. It was later made into a point and click game and very disturbing, but nevertheless I'm kinda glad i'm not the only person whose heard of that! Also thank you Bleak and everyone else who has critiqued this , I really appreciate the input and can't wait to release my next song
I like this. Liking the whole variety of sounds dancing together. Quite unique sounding to my ear. This reminds me of multiple things at once and yet sounds to have its own character. Nice work.
Same here, very interesting. I can almost hear a buckethead influence in this, am I wrong?

I am just waiting throughout the entire song to hear buckethead rip a solo over it
Last edited by coderguy at Sep 10, 2014,
Quote by owen556
I'm absolutely shocked you know what that is!!! For anyone wondering its a short story about a supercomputer that destroys humanity and keeps a handful of people alive to torture them for the rest of time. It was later made into a point and click game and very disturbing, but nevertheless I'm kinda glad i'm not the only person whose heard of that! Also thank you Bleak and everyone else who has critiqued this , I really appreciate the input and can't wait to release my next song

Haha, he's not the only one! I was surprised he mentioned it too. Although I can't really hear it in this song.

Oh, yeah, the song. It's actually pretty damn good. In the intro, I noticed that the kick drums were a little too "frequent" at certain points. I would've preferred that they were a little more sparse... at around 0:28, you can hear what I'm talking about. Although, it's totally personal preference.

Besides that, though, I've just been... Enjoying the music. This is really good.

I really hope the outro leads into another song. I'd love to hear it! Good job.
I've had a listen to your track it reminds me of the Final Fantasy game sound tracks or something which would fit over Portal. Really cool.

The overall arrangement and interlinking synth patterns all worked well together and I particularly enjoyed the part from 3:40 onwards when everything all seemed to come together. The mix is very good and all the parts are balanced! I don't know if experimenting with centring some of the bass parts might help those parts "hit you in the face" abit more.

Really good track on the whole and keeps you interested all the way through!

C4c - Please check out my song in the signature below and the thread link is here https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1655423