So, I'm looking at POD farm by line6, and I think I want the 2.5 platinum. I currently have a dell inspiron, and I might get a mac. Question 1 is easier; If I buy a mac, can I use POD farm on Mac without paying if I bought it for a windows 7 computer I currently have?
Now, I know ZERO about digital recording. My objective is... Make drum tracks digitally, without real drums, record bass lines, record keyboards (AUX output) sometimes, vocals via mic, ukulele, acoustic, and nylon via the same mic, and electric guitar leads and rhythms through pod farm. I want some stereo stuff, like more reverb on one side, or one guitar track for that matter, maybe even some drums like snare being mostly on one side. I will do all the stereo stuff during the polish.
I hear of "interfaces" which I do not understand. I have no clue why they are 200 dollars, when converter cables are about 10 dollars. My dell has no aux in, so that leads me to question 2; Can I get a 1/4 to aux, and an aux to usb, and use usb to record into my laptop?
I also need to know some other stuff. Question 5; Can I record all that stuff with POD farm? If so, is it as noob friendly as the amplifier simulation? If not, what would be noob friendly and compatible that would allow that? Would there be something specific I need to do to to make it work? Question 6; Any other programs I need to do the things I want to do (such as drum, keyboard, and mic tracks? If so, please provide some information to inform me about compatibility. Question 7; Is there any specific physical equipment that I need to do this?
Any advice or answers to any question will be greatly appreciated. Sorry I'm such a noob to recording . Cheers!
Lots of vague questions. Better hit the stickies first to come up to speed:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1541771

Also another good resource:
http://tweakheadz.com/
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
I already checked all of those, it's just really hard to understand. They don't talk about the recording compatibility of products with amp simulators, they also don't have any interfaces listed that are good and have 1 input, they are either bad with 1 input, or good with like 16 inputs, which is un-necessary. They also don't have any recording programs listed, unless I missed it. I'd also like to ask how my questions are vague? I checked and my wording is correct, at least to my knowledge.
Go back and read it again because you missed all of the above. It is actually pretty thorough. Without at least a decent interface, you are f'ked.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 or (before Luca and Sam start another bitchfest) a Mackie Onyx Blackjack. They are $200+ because unlike using your computer's sound card (with the appropriate converter cable) interfaces don't
sound like ass. It's like asking why a new car is $10000+ when I can buy one in the classifieds for $1000, sure they're both cars but there's going to be a notable improvement on the new car.
Can't tell you how pod farm's licencing works, I don't use it 'cause IMO the free amp sims in our sticky sound better, and if I want a suite I prefer ABG Headcase.
Don't try to record with your amp sim, some can do it but they're pretty awful to use. In the interfaces sticky we recommend REAPER, it's cheap, has a solid manual and community, and is as powerful as the professional DAWs if you know what you're doing. For drums check out Sennheiser DrumMic'A! If you can navigate the german website to set it up it's totally free and pretty awesome.
What would I use other than an amp simulator? Would I have to mic an amp? I feel like these are nooby questions. I'm going strait from recording with an iphone to semi-professional recording, so I apologize on my lack of knowledge and understanding .
For recording you need something called a Digital Audio Workstation (DAW). REAPER is good, cheap, and doesn't enforce the end of it's trial if you want to keep trying it longer.

Inside that you can load plugins, some of which include amp simulators. All (remotely worthwhile) amp simulators come as plugins so you can use them inside a DAW, some (like pod farm, amplitube, and guitar rig) can be run on their own too.

No need to mic your amp, just use an amp sim as a plugin.

I won't link the interfaces sticky again but about half way through the third post there's a writeup on REAPER. And if you go to the amp sims sticky (https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1522593) you can find out some more options there.