Page 1 of 2
as some of you know, i have a rough history with drunk drivers. most recently, a friend of mine died in a motorcycle crash. he and his passenger were both drunk.

today is a big day for the maryland renaissance festival. it's held on the fairground near my house. it's sunday and it's fairly nice out, if not a bit too hot. there are antique cars about and people wearing stupid outfits. aside from the few kids that go to the festival to have what they're told will be a fun time, everyone goes to get plastered on the pretense of celebrating secondhand european medieval culture. there are a few shuttles to the grounds, but barring those, everyone drives. and they drive home.

after i passed the fairgrounds on my way home i noticed an altercation between two presumably drunken men on the driveway of a poor old couple oft-subjected to this nonsense. a police officer stood there watching.

further down the road and closer to home, less than a mile, a few officers with flares waved me to a stop so they could navigate me through a series of firetrucks and ambulances on an otherwise empty backwoods road. i coasted through and took a look, thinking it would be an issue with the power lines (common on these roads). instead i saw the bodies of two motorcyclists who had thrown themselves into the ditch hugging a curve in the road. a third stood by his bike as officers breathalyzed him, red in the face and crying.

my day, or perhaps my week, is ruined. i can't get the image of those two men (more so boys, they couldn't have been much older than me) out of my head, or their crying friend, or my late friend, or my brother, and so on. please don't drink and drive. the consequences are larger than you'd ever hope to understand.
i don't know why i feel so dry
One of my best mates did drunk driving on a few occasions and I gave him a bollocking for it because it's irresponsible and awful
It's a foolish thing to do, and there's no possible justification.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I never drink and drive, sometimes it is tempting seeing how cabs are an absolute ripoff.

It's mainly the shoelace express for me when I'm done drinking.

Also: cops have been known to ticket people or throw them in the drunk tank for walking home since it's "public intoxication". Complete garbage.
Last edited by Redsectoreh at Sep 7, 2014,
I love you so much, but do me a favor baby don't reply

Cuz I can dish it out, but I can't take it
Last edited by soundgarden1986 at Sep 7, 2014,
I don't drive atm, so I can't

not that I ever would
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
And people shouldn't drive when they are half asleep or amped up on caffeine as well.
Yes please don't. Sorry about that eastwinn.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by Bladez22
I don't drive atm, so I can't

not that I ever would

Yeah, you shouldn't drive atms. They're pretty unstable and heavy.

I'm bored, alright
I was helping my cousin move yesterday and he kept trying to get me to drink even though he knew I had to drive over an hour home. Obviously I didn't have any (I don't really drink anyway) but I don't get how people think it's an ok thing to do.
Quote by Wormholes
And people shouldn't drive when they are half asleep or amped up on caffeine as well.

Yeah, basically people should just realise that they are controlling a big chunk of metal that weighs upwards of a tonne. And that's not something to fool around with.
Quote by soundgarden1986
I love you so much, but do me a favor baby don't reply

Cuz I can dish it out, but I can't take it

listening to this and crying right now. i can't express how much this song means to me
Quote by ultimate-slash
Yeah, basically people should just realise that they are controlling a big chunk of metal that weighs upwards of a tonne. And that's not something to fool around with.

Exactly. Driving is one of the most dangerous things you'll ever do in your life(even though I disagree with the caffeine part unless it's solely being used to stay conscious).
Last edited by Dimarzio45 at Sep 7, 2014,
Please don't drink and drive, don't text and drive, don't talk on your phone and drive, and don't be bad at driving and drive. I almost got rammed off the road by someone who wasn't paying attention yesterday while on my motorcycle. Please refrain from trying to kill me, thanks.
Quote by Jackintehbox
Please don't drink and drive, don't text and drive, don't talk on your phone and drive, and don't be bad at driving and drive. I almost got rammed off the road by someone who wasn't paying attention yesterday while on my motorcycle. Please refrain from trying to kill me, thanks.

this might actually piss me off even more
Quote by WCPhils
this might actually piss me off even more

Same here since, most likely, there are more drivers texting at one time than driving drunk. ****in pricks.
Quote by Jackintehbox

Let's not forget the new one- people listening to their iPods with both earphones (or on one occassion I saw, huge bastard cans) whilst driving.
surely caffeine would be a good thing to take before driving?
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Quote by Bladez22

In moderation it's fine. But not if you had like five espressos and were all jittery and stuff.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Let's not forget the new one- people listening to their iPods with both earphones (or on one occassion I saw, huge bastard cans) whilst driving.

Oh, man. I forgot about that one.

Oh, and the ****ers who drive around with their dogs in their lap that are clearly distracted from the road.

I think it's pretty safe to say that peoples' driving habits are a pretty accurate measurement of the amount of stupidity this society has to deal with.
Quote by Bladez22

yeah but not a ridiculous amount. it's actually recommended in the highway code that if you start to feel tired whilst driving to drink a cup of coffee and take a 15 minute nap.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

yea i didn't realize how bad this was til recently. really ****s with your awareness even apart from sound
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by Deliriumbassist

when I was younger I thought about doing this. I was like "man I'll get great headphones, with noise cancellation, and then when I drive, all other sounds will be completely muted!"
And then I realised how bad that actually would be. Can't believe people actually do that.
superman is killing himself tonight
people just don't know how to pay attention and drive at the same time. it takes a lot of concentration to drive and some people don't realize it.
Sorry to hear about your friend. Earlier this year a good friend of mine was killed by a drunk driver. He was skateboarding home when a drunk 17 year old girl ran him over. She didn't even stop, just kept going and apparently went to a party to drink some more. I was the most devastated and angry I've ever been in my life after that, so I understand how you feel about drunk drivers.

Please don't drink and drive, guys. I know it's something that is said a lot, but the tragic consequences are real.
Quote by So-Cal
yeah but not a ridiculous amount. it's actually recommended in the highway code that if you start to feel tired whilst driving to drink a cup of coffee and take a 15 minute nap.

coffee then a nap?
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Quote by Jon777
Sorry to hear about your friend. Earlier this year a good friend of mine was killed by a drunk driver. He was skateboarding home when a drunk 17 year old girl ran him over. She didn't even stop, just kept going and apparently went to a party to drink some more. I was the most devastated and angry I've ever been in my life after that, so I understand how you feel about drunk drivers.

Please don't drink and drive, guys. I know it's something that is said a lot, but the tragic consequences are real.

Quote by Bladez22
coffee then a nap?

Yeah, I would think it's the other way around.
Quote by Bladez22
coffee then a nap?

yeah because that's how long it takes for the caffeine to start taking effect apparently
Sorry to hear Eastwinn.

It baffles me how some people can be so irresponsible. Don't they know they're not only hurting themselves? I'm just saddened that people don't realize that driving an over 3000 pound vehicle irresponsibly can kill or severely injure.

Have a cat hugging Yoshi.

STಠ_ಠ
To be fair, being a Maryland driver is just as dangerous as being a drunk driver.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
To be fair, being a Maryland driver is just as dangerous as being a drunk driver.

Drive in Miami
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
Drive in Miami

Why would I go to that poophole of a place?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi

tbf they don't have anything on massholes
Page 1 of 2