Hi guys,

I'm after a multi effects pedal that works like a stomp box too. I'd also like to be able to turn multiple effects on and off all at once, as I don't have a switchable effects loop. For example, reverb, chrous, and boost engaged all at once.

And... I'd like it to have an expression pedal for use with wah and pitch shifting, AND a looper.

All for as cheap as possible. I'm always reluctant to spend more than necessary on equipment.

Cheers.
Used Line 6 POD HD500
I think the Zoom G5, Boss GT100 and the Digitech RP1000 do what you need also
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Also Vox Tonelab LE available used for around $200.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Zoom G5 is the only one listed so far that has a drum machine synced to the looper. The G3X... same but cheaper.
Quote by fly135
Zoom G5 is the only one listed so far that has a drum machine synced to the looper. The G3X... same but cheaper.

+1
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Thanks for the response guys. Much appreciated.

So I'm having a look at some of the suggestions (the cheaper ones).

They all have amp modelling, which is kind of annoying, as I won't be using it... because I have amp... and a Line 6 USB interface.

Also, does anyone happen to know if any have an expression pedal that is also a switch? Like a wah, so when you push down on the toe switch, the function will be engaged?

I've been having a look at these three;

Boss ME25, Digitech RP360XP and the ZOOM G3X.

I've kind of dismissed the Boss ME25, because the emphasis seems to be on amp modelling with that one. Although, of the three brands, Boss are probably held in the highest regard.

What do people reckon?
I use the Zoom G products. One possible reason to like the RP better is that the toe switch on the expression pedal will switch between volume control and effect like wah. On the Zoom it only turns on or off the selected effect. The only thing the ME has that's different is a really cool freeze effect controlled by the expression pedal.
Quote by fly135
I use the Zoom G products. One possible reason to like the RP better is that the toe switch on the expression pedal will switch between volume control and effect like wah. On the Zoom it only turns on or off the selected effect. The only thing the ME has that's different is a really cool freeze effect controlled by the expression pedal.

Cool. Thanks for the response.

I'm leaning towards the Digitech. You don't happen to know if you can change the function of the expression pedal toe switch, so that it just switches the function on and off rather than from volume to wah?

Cheers.
Quote by rythmking24
Cool. Thanks for the response.

I'm leaning towards the Digitech. You don't happen to know if you can change the function of the expression pedal toe switch, so that it just switches the function on and off rather than from volume to wah?

Cheers.

Sorry... that's a stupid question. I imagine the default setting will be volume, then you can switch it to wah. Like the line 6 FBV, which I'm familiar with. Cool.
Not sure if you can do that on the RP. At times like this it's best to d/l the manuals and start comparing.
I'm thinking that maybe what you really want is a Line 6 M13. No amp modelling, just stompbox modelling.

I rarely use the amp modeling on my GT-100. It isn't hard to turn off.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
The Line 6 Spider is a legendary amp, and their pedals are right up there too. When the first POD came out years ago, it changed everything. The power of the POD is harnessed here in one of the best guitar multi-effects pedals you’ll find on the market today. The POD HD500X built on the legacy of the HD500, one of the most popular floor processors of all time. The HD500X brings even more power, and more amp models, including classic HD emulations of Fenders, Marshalls and Soldanos.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
TC electronics Nova sys...
Quote by JSK00
The HD500X brings even more power, and more amp models, including classic HD emulations of Fenders, Marshalls and Soldanos.

THey're amazing, especially the SOldano sounds better than the real thing as it is custom hand-made by Chinese street urchins and you certainly don't work for Line 6
Boss GT-100 or Line 6 POD HD500. You don't need the X if you're not going to use amp modeling.

+1 to Cath - the amp modeling is stupid easy to turn off. And you're not really paying extra for it either.

Line 6 M9 is a little more difficult to activate multiple effects simultaneously, and it doesn't have an expression pedal. I would skip it for the POD HD500. Easier to have a manual and patch functionality simultaneously.

I'm not super familiar with the GT-100 but it should be able to do just about everything the HD500 can do, as far as patch and stomp functionality is concerned. I used to have a GT-10, the 100 should only be easier to use.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Can't go wrong with the RP350 or RP1000, but it sounds like the 1000 would be better for your needs. I think when the RP1000 goes against the HD500X, the overall tone quality of the RP is a little bit better, but the Line 6 offers some more flexibility and has some really great synth effects. I don't know much about the Boss or Zoom stuff but i've heard good things.