I was wondering if its possible to find a way to hook up my rig to a pair of headphones so I can jam with them on and no sound would come out of the amp.

I don't really see how it is possible but maybe people have found a solution besides buying a multi FX pedal with earphone connectivity or using iRig or something of the sort since I really like the tone of my amp.

Is this possible?

Just in case this is relevant...
Gear:
Guitar (duh)
Fender BDR
A couple pedals.
there are a few attenuators that have a phone out

But you may be better served by something like a Line 6 POD. You can use it with headphones and with your amp
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Not a practical goal. If you bypass the speaker then it's likely the sound will be different. All methods have shortcomings and/or are expensive. You could always slap an 8 ohm, 25-100 watt power resistor on the speaker out and tap off that with a 100-1000 ohm pot to the headphones with a mono to stereo adapter. That's probably the cheapest method.

Just do what you don't want to. Get a multifx.
I'd guess you'd be better off with a multifx like Robb mentioned. I have a Zoom G3 and it sounds amazing through headphones. An Irig and an app for your phone is another option.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Step 1: Keep your amp plugged into your speaker always
Step 2: Run your guitar amp's fx loop out to the input of a usb preamp plugged into your computer (make sure you arent clipping)
Step 3: Run a daw of your choice (i prefer Reaper). Open a track and turn on record monitoring.
Step 4: your distortion will sound like shit right now. Add an impulse loader to your track fx (lepou, recabinet, ect), and choose a guitar cab impulse.
Step 5: Direct your daw audio out to wherever your headphones can be plugged in.
Protip: download and install ASIO4ALL to practically eliminate latency issues (you prob wont notice a delay while playing if you set it right).

This technique is a lot of fun because there are lots of opportunities for sound manipulation of your guitar amps core tone. The alternative is to plug your guitar directly into the preamp, but this method lets you use your guitar amp without sound coming out (REMEMBER STEP 1!)
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

Quote by Wicer
I was wondering if its possible to find a way to hook up my rig to a pair of headphones so I can jam with them on and no sound would come out of the amp.

Nope. The complicated solution above is an attempt to bypass the power amp section and speaker and use only the preamp part of your amp. Unfortunately, that also bypasses the power tubes, output transformer and the speaker, which are an integral part of what you like about your amp's sound.

The expensive solution is to get something like a Kemper and profile your current amp and then feed that into your headphones.

The smart solution is to get over your amp and learn to use a modeler. Smaller, lighter, cooler running, far more versatile and it saves space, too.
Buy a tube preamp of some sort that has a speaker emulation output jack. The Blackstar HT distortion pedals do this.
Quote by dspellman
Nope. The complicated solution above is an attempt to bypass the power amp section and speaker and use only the preamp part of your amp. Unfortunately, that also bypasses the power tubes, output transformer and the speaker, which are an integral part of what you like about your amp's sound.

The expensive solution is to get something like a Kemper and profile your current amp and then feed that into your headphones.

The smart solution is to get over your amp and learn to use a modeler. Smaller, lighter, cooler running, far more versatile and it saves space, too.

Meh, i wouldnt call it complicated. Most people have a laptop and some sort of microphone preamp. No real assembly required. And the whole point of the impulses is to emulate the power section/speaker anyways. You can find them for all different valves and speakers. Will it sound as good as a cranked amp in person? No, in my opinion. But in my experience, there is usually a fairly big difference in sound from your amp in person versus when you mic it up and listen in headphones.
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69