Ok don't hate me for this post lol but I'm wondering if you guys know some years/ models off the top of your head that is a les Paul studio, lightweight, rosewood mahogany and does not have a maple top.
Why?
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Your best bet is probably going with some kind of LP Clone or close cousin.

Maybe a Godin Icon Type2:
http://www.godinguitars.com/godinicon2classicp.htm
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Sep 8, 2014,
There was some faded LP Studio a few years back that had a mahogany top, but you won't find a Gibson LP Studio that doesn't have a top since they are all chambered or weight relieved in some way. I think the particular model was called Studio Faded.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Quote by GaryBillington
Why?

^^
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by HomerSGR
There was some faded LP Studio a few years back that had a mahogany top, but you won't find a Gibson LP Studio that doesn't have a top since they are all chambered or weight relieved in some way. I think the particular model was called Studio Faded.

Correct - my late 2007 Studio Faded has a mahogany top and is very lightweight for a les paul. My friend has one from the same month of the same year which is also very light

There also used to be a "les paul special" model that was basically a flat top les paul studio, if the point of this thread is you're looking for a flat top LP.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by HomerSGR

I have the 2012 version, it was officially called the Studio Satin that year. The colour I got was sometimes called worn brown, other times faded brown. Think they're actually selling it with different pickups as one of the LP Junior models these days.

Even so, if it's just a light weight Les Paul he's after, I'd recommend the Swamp Ash model from the Smartwood range. It's a little more expensive and harder to get hold of as they don't always make them, but it's probably half the weight of my LP Studio Satin.

We still need to know the real reason why he's looking for an LP without the maple top.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
My 2000 LP studio was solid Mahogany, the older studio's didn't always have a maple top.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Is it the maple you don't want or the cap? Cause Les Paul Specials don't have a cap (as far as I know, that's the major difference). I personally prefer the Specials over the Studios because of that (most of the time).
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20