Song 2
3 19%
Song 3
0 0%
Song 4
8 50%
Voters: 16.
Hello

Today being the international Automotive Safety and Security day (September 8th), here's how to escape a sinking car:

- Stay calm, there's on average 30 to 120 seconds of float time before your car sinks;

- Don't open the door (unless you're a really legit bodybuilder);

- Unbuckle your seatbelt (or cut it if stuck), make sure your other passengers can also get out of their seatbelts;

- Escape through the window. Try rolling it down, if that doesn't work use an auto rescue tool to shatter it;

- Swim out the window. Try to find Nemo. Fail. Cry.

Also, "COVERS WEEK 3" is in 2 weeks!

Also, there's no such thing as an international ASS day. But there should be.
The objective of this thread is to vote on the song you like the most, but remember: don't base your vote on the quality of the recording, base it on the content.

Here they are:

1 - "Try" (Trifonas)

2 - "Heaven Enough" (whywefight)

3 - "Futile" (FoOltz)

4 - "Gate" (sickman411, semiquaver)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are last week's most voted songs, from chev311e and SirZep, the song "Haven't You Seen?", and from MapOfYourHead, the song "Ona Buzz", with 5 votes each!
------------------------------------------------------------------

If you too want to become a better songwriter/gigolo consider joining our group (http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/mozartfactory/), all the info you need to join this weekly "contest" is there.

The votes will be counted this Thursday. The winner of this week's voting will become a mod in our group.

------------------
#justvolcanothings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUREX8aFbMs

Check out last week's thread here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1655069
Pretty slim pickings this week.

When's the next cover week? I should have something for it.

(I know I could just check the group, but one of you always knows off the top of your head. )
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by Spoony_Bard

When's the next cover week? I should have something for it.

It's in two weeks, I might get something done too if I can think of a song to cover

I voted for sickman/semiquaver good song, loved the bass through out the song. Also, sickman do you sing underwater?
Quote by nico_9550
It's in two weeks, I might get something done too if I can think of a song to cover

I voted for sickman/semiquaver good song, loved the bass through out the song. Also, sickman do you sing underwater?

Yeah like I said in the group comments, I can barely understand myself. We were messing with a low-pass filter on the intro and a bit of the bridge to remove some noise and we liked the effect, so that's why I sound like I'm underwater in these two sections. But the vocals are a bit too low in the mix throughout the whole song too.
Quote by sickman411
Yeah like I said in the group comments, I can barely understand myself. We were messing with a low-pass filter on the intro and a bit of the bridge to remove some noise and we liked the effect, so that's why I sound like I'm underwater in these two sections. But the vocals are a bit too low in the mix throughout the whole song too.

yeah I noticed they were a bit low on the song but it didn't bother me much
There's still week 36, then COVERS

Also @sickman, 1974?
Last edited by Minicaxotinho at Sep 8, 2014,
Cool I just thought of an awesome song to cover. Don't know if I can pull it off though lol
Need more feedback here lol

I'll do a writeup on what I liked in each song later
I WILL DO A WRITE UP

Try - Drumming seems a tad odd to me. As if its slightly off. Personally, I would have liked a more relaxed, in the back type drumming. The kick is kind of in yo face. When your vocals come in it reminds me of Pinback a lot. The song is nice, although it doesn't really go anywhere.

Heaven Enough - The intro chord totally reminded me of some radio pop song. And then when your vocals come in it sounds like a start to a NO AGE song. The mix is really weird here for me, with the vocals being heavy panned to the right and the acoustic (?) being heavy panned to the left. I dunno, I would have liked more instrumentation in this song, just doesn't feel full to me.

Futile - The instrumentation here is really nice. I like the atmosphere here. I would have liked a more reverb'd out vocal style to match the instrumentation but that may just be me.

Gate - Oh man, that intro was lovely. Was expecting a more melancholic vibe to go on but the chords kind of changed that. Like its still kind of there, but not in the way I expected. Not really sure how I feel about the vocal effect. Solo at the end was pretty neat.

Good work guys.
It was ultimately between Trifonas and whywefight for me; went with Trifonas in the end. FoOltz had a really nice song too, reminded me of Alice in Chains.