Got this one basically free, so couldn't do anything but accept it, however I can't find much info online and I don't know what model it is really. Samick isn't the best of brands as far as I know, but a guitar for free...can't go wrong with that, can you? :lol:

It's got a Wilkinson bridge and grover tuners. Don't know what pick ups, but I expect them to have been the cheap kind, but I really don't know. It has also got a coil split.
For free? Nice score!

If the neck is in good shape and feels comfortable I'd mod it to hell and back, it has lots of potential.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
The neck is fine and there's little to not fret wear. Intonation is good too, though I need to re-adjust it as I've changed to some different gauged strings.

But it might be a guitar that'll be modded to hell and back...once I have the money!
I think Samick is on par with Epiphone. I believe Samick made a lot of Epiphone branded guitars. I have a Samick LP and the quality seems to be no different than my other Epiphone guitars.
Samick, like Cort, is one of the big guitar manufacturers in Korea which have also manufactured a lot of guitars for other brands. While their own guitars are not best guitars in the market they often good bang for the buck. If you got it for almost free and the guitar plays well consider yourself lucky. I would definetly mod it too. Few hardware changes and it may become something really good.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Quote by MaaZeus
Samick, like Cort, is one of the big guitar manufacturers in Korea which have also manufactured a lot of guitars for other brands. While their own guitars are not best guitars in the market they often good bang for the buck. If you got it for almost free and the guitar plays well consider yourself lucky. I would definetly mod it too. Few hardware changes and it may become something really good.

+311

If it plays well, I'd upgrade it only if needs it, if you already have a nice amp.
Samick is one of the largest guitar manufacturers in the world.....They make Epi, Squire, and many others.

The guitar you have is one of thier low end models, on par with Squires, still not bad for modding.

I have 2 Greg Bennett Design Samicks and they are very nice Guitars
A few years ago I had a dirt cheap Samick strat and an mim Fender strat. While the mim seemed the much better quality guitar (especially with the buttery maple fretboard) I actually preferred the Duncan Designed pups in the Samick over whatever they put in mim fender strats. It looks cool and you can't beat free so squeeze whatever guitary goodness you can get out of it, you can't lose.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Have to say, I've played some Samicks that felt really nice - and others that were total shite. If you've scored a good one then more power to you. Let the upgrading begin. Pickups are where I'd start.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification