Hey,

I recently started a band and because of that I need an amp that can be carried around with ease (my current one, a bogner alchemist 112 combo is a bit heavy). I am looking for a smaller combo that weighs around 15-20 kg (or less).
There are a few requirements, it shouldn't be too expensive (preferably between 200-400 euros) and it should have two channels that can be switched by a footswitch. Next to that it also needs to be powerful enough to be heard over a drummer.
I have been looking around the web for one myself, but I was wondering if there's a smaller combo you guys would recommend me.
jet city 2212C? out of stock currently at thomann, but should be well under budget and is 17.6kg if my conversion from lbs is correct.

what type of tone(s) are you after? it's only 20 watts too, and is more of a crunch channel combined with a high gain channel, so it does depend on exactly what you need.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
A Peavey Bandit ticks all those boxes.
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
Well I need something cleanish and something with a little bit more gain (considering I play a lot of different stuff ranging from the red hot chili peppers to AC/DC).
So I need an amp that makes songs like Californication sound well as well as songs like Highway to Hell.

I'll definately look into both amps (I'm certainly interested in trying the Peavey sometimes as it has quite some good reviews and if I ever get the chance I'll try the other one too).

Of course, I'm still open for suggestions.
ah ok the jet city would probably be too high gain for that. it sort of starts at ac/dc (maybe a bit less) and goes up from there in terms of gain.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'd look into a Bugera V22, maybe. Doesn't weigh a lot and checks out for the rest of your specs.
Forget the Bandit. Check out the new Valveking 50W combo.

It's just under your weight limit, which IMO isn't super transportable. Yeah you can pick it up and go, but it's still a big amp. But it'll have the headroom you need.

Most things with a good amount of headroom (50W+) is going to be heavy. But you won't get cleans with a drummer with much less, I wouldn't get a 20W amp like a lot of your suggestions will likely be (based on your weight preference).
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by theworldofjaspe
Hey,

I recently started a band and because of that I need an amp that can be carried around with ease (my current one, a bogner alchemist 112 combo is a bit heavy). I am looking for a smaller combo that weighs around 15-20 kg (or less).
There are a few requirements, it shouldn't be too expensive (preferably between 200-400 euros) and it should have two channels that can be switched by a footswitch. Next to that it also needs to be powerful enough to be heard over a drummer.
I have been looking around the web for one myself, but I was wondering if there's a smaller combo you guys would recommend me.

other than weight, do you like your amp? chaining amps will change your whole rig.

thought about casters (wheels) that makes things much faster, if you like it, what is 10 lbs more a few times a week/month /whatever?

tone> amp iff you like your sound you have now.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
If he is gigging pubs in Europe he is dealing with steep narrow stairwells and cobblestone. Not a very caster friendly environment unless he has roadies. Then it is their problem.

A few ideas:

Fender Blues Jr. A great small gig amp that will run with most drummers. Mic it in a pinch.

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe and OD pedal to taste. Covers a lot of ground at about 45lbs weight.

Mesa Studio .22 A hot little 2ch amp that weighs around 40lbs You will need a transformer for 220v.

Fender Super Champ X2 with a line out to the PA for large rooms. It is a hybrid 2ch amp that is super lightweight but packs some serious tone. 15 tube watts is just enough to run with most drummers dimed. This is my grab-n-go jam amp when I don't want to haul a Mesa or Super Reverb.

Does it show that I am a California kid??
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Last edited by Cajundaddy at Sep 9, 2014,
Wheels wouldn't work as the main problem atm is that my room is in the attic. It makes it rather hard to move my amp down once or twice a week.
Cajundaddy - i have never been there, so i didn't know.

Quote by theworldofjaspe
Wheels wouldn't work as the main problem atm is that my room is in the attic. It makes it rather hard to move my amp down once or twice a week.

oh yea, stairs are a bitch.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by trashedlostfdup
Cajundaddy - i have never been there, so i didn't know.

oh yea, stairs are a bitch.

No worries T, Once you have been there and crawled around in a few 800 yr old buildings you start to think small.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Quote by Cajundaddy
No worries T, Once you have been there and crawled around in a few 800 yr old buildings you start to think small.

i would love to go there. i cannot fathom what it would be like in some of those buildings.

cool
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Well the Netherlands ain't as bad as say France or Italy though xD Most of our buildings aren't that old.

Has anyone here ever tried a Peavey Envoy? It's not a real tube amp (which is a shame but hey, having two tube amps may be a bit over the top anyway), it seems to be at least 21 kg lighter than my Bogner and it has a wattage of 40 and it is far beneath my current max budget. So does anyone have any expierience with said amp?
The Fender Pawn Shop Excelsior looks cool but no reverb other wise think id defo go for that.
Quote by theworldofjaspe
Well the Netherlands ain't as bad as say France or Italy though xD Most of our buildings aren't that old.

Has anyone here ever tried a Peavey Envoy? It's not a real tube amp (which is a shame but hey, having two tube amps may be a bit over the top anyway), it seems to be at least 21 kg lighter than my Bogner and it has a wattage of 40 and it is far beneath my current max budget. So does anyone have any expierience with said amp?

Solid state. they are bulletproof (along with most peavey products). but don't sound great. good backup, but not for a main rig.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Give that little Super Champ a look. It covers Fender Blackface, Vox, to Plexi pretty well. It should get you very reasonable RHCP and AC/DC tone. It doesn't really cover high gain Metal very well though. Clean to mid-gain it shines. 25lbs and tube output.