Hey guys,

Long story short... I'm a bit of an RR fanboy so when I found this Edwards E-LP-98LTC through Jauce, I couldn't pass it up.

But yeah, basically these things are made by ESP. Mahogany back, 1 piece mahogany neck and an Ebony fingerboard. They come stock with Duncan pickups (this particular guitar comes with a JB and a 59 set IIRC) and gotoh hardware. The guitar didn't come with a case but it was packed really well and came in one piece so I can't complain.

The guitar feels great. The neck isn't as fat as a 59 style profile but it's really comfy. It has bigger shoulders compared to my other LP guitar (a '59 style LP copy).

It's a little on the heavy side (I didn't bother weighing it yet) but it balances really nice with a strap. Frets are in good condition and the neck is fine. No twists or anything. Fret edge on the 11th fret is a bit sharp but no biggie. Plays really smooth. Got the action really low and it's ripping. Pretty sure the guitar is set up for 9s so I may or may not change them.

Aging on the hardware and covers are sweet. The toggle washer is tarnished as shit. Finish is great, no scratches. Some small discoloration on the headstock but they're literally pin sized and they look pretty cool. Top needs a good clean though.

Sound wise, the thing is killer. Bridge pup is dark and crunchy and the neck is pretty clear surprisingly. Overall really happy with this guitar. I'll probably be keeping it for a while.

Here's the guitar after the makeover

EDIT: Sorry about that wonky pointer. I didn't even notice that until now

Here's a reuploaded clippy since YouTube sucks.

https://soundcloud.com/mutoh-1/edwards-rr
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Sep 9, 2014,
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

<3

HNGD!
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Thanks man

Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Dat Randy Rhoads pickguard though.

You're the worst kind of person.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by JustRooster
Woo! That's hot, mang.

Thanks Rooster. Its pretty killer.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Dat Randy Rhoads pickguard though.

You're the worst kind of person.

you know it.

Quote by Tom 1.0
Nice colour

Thanks! I really like the cream. Not too yellow.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Sep 8, 2014,
Oh that is a nice one, if I were ever to buy a Les Paul styled guitar it would be something very similar!

HNGD!
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
That looks awesome. And sweet. And very Rhoads. Hmm...ALL ABOARD!! huehuehuehuehue

HNGD!
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Thanks guys. I'm really enjoying the thing. Plays like buttah.

Anywho, here's some less interesting pictures:

Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
very nice

2-piece back? mine's one piece (though mine's from several years back)

sweet playing too
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
very nice

2-piece back? mine's one piece (though mine's from several years back)

sweet playing too

Might be 1 piece. I'm not really sure of the spec tbh so I just assumed it was 2 piece

Thanks. I was gonna play some Ratt for you guys but I figured 'when in Rome'...
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by Ippon
Sweet!

You know what to get next, yea?

Schaller tuners? A white marshall? A polka-dot V?

Talent?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Gorgeous finish
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by CL/\SH
Gorgeous finish

Thanks man, looks better in person! (Not really it looks about the same)

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
That is yummy.

Congrats

Delish right?

Quote by jpnyc
Hot! Looks great with all the gold trim. HNGD.

Thanks. I was going for the RR LP vibe so you can thank him for that look.

Quote by Ippon
A White Marshall *and* a polka dot V.

I had one of those things years ago. I should've kept it.

Anywho, none of the gold switch tips I had fit so I have a few more on the way. Hopefully they fit!
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by Ippon
I replaced the tophats of a TradPro with chrome.

What finish? It might look cool!
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by Ippon
Black, dspellman's least favorite. I have a Black Tux Tele so the "look" will be similar.

See I feel like that wouldn't look too bad. Almost like a John Sykes model or something.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Thanks man, looks better in person! (Not really it looks about the same)

Tbh, I haven't had the urge to play an LP for years, but seeing this makes me feel like dusting off my old Epi Standard. Coincidentally, mine has a JB in the bridge as well
Last edited by CL/\SH at Sep 8, 2014,
Quote by CL/\SH

Tbh, I haven't had the urge to play an LP for years, but seeing this makes me feel like dusting off my old Epi Standard. Coincidentally, mine has a JB in the bridge as well

You totally should man. I love whipping out guitars that I haven't played in a while and giving them a bit of attention.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
It'll probably need to be set up haha. Haven't taken it out of its case in over a year
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Might be 1 piece. I'm not really sure of the spec tbh so I just assumed it was 2 piece

Thanks. I was gonna play some Ratt for you guys but I figured 'when in Rome'...

i dunno. i heard some rumblings a while after i got mine that they were starting to use 2-piece, so not that it makes a massive amount of difference (if any) if the wood is good.

and lol
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I was looking at the Edwards Pauls and wonder how they play and sound. Looks sweet.
Looks nice! Action in that neck pic looks pretty low...so if it actually works good with bending and stuff, nice one, frets look nice too
HNGD

Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Nice, I like the new switch ring and knobs. They really make the guitar look better.

HNGD!
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
you do know what way the pointers are supposed to point don't you.

sick eddy, how do you find these things?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
you do know what way the pointers are supposed to point don't you.

sick eddy, how do you find these things?

Yeah, upwards.

Yeah some old fart named Greg helped me out. Wonder who that could be?

Quote by Linkerman
Nice, I like the new switch ring and knobs. They really make the guitar look better.

HNGD!

Thanks man, I like the gold hardware Got the jack plate in gold too!

Quote by Cathbard
HNGD

Quote by Tempoe
Looks nice! Action in that neck pic looks pretty low...so if it actually works good with bending and stuff, nice one, frets look nice too

Works great. Nothing frets out or anything on bends. Guitar is intonated right too.

Quote by Zhaezzy
I was looking at the Edwards Pauls and wonder how they play and sound. Looks sweet.

Thanks man.

Anywho, YT is being lame so I reupped the clippy on soundcloud.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Sep 9, 2014,
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
some old fart named Greg helped me out. Wonder who that could be?

just some sarcastic prick on the internet is my guess.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
just some sarcastic prick on the internet is my guess.

Sounds pretty accurate.

Thanks again btw
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster