Hi

When I started playing guitar I used a marshall mg10cd. I recently played on it again, and I really think the distortion is awesome

Now is my question, is it possible to get the od-channel out of it, and to transform it into a pedal for an other amp?
If no, does someone know a similar sounding pedal??

Peace
I'm pretty sure it would be too much of a hassle to do what you want to do. Personally, I'd go out and start trying OD and Distortion pedals to find something that can replace it.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
If you like that amp, why not just use that amp?
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
If you like that amp, why not just use that amp?

Also a good solution unless you need your amp louder or whatever (I.E. if you're gigging)
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Marshall themselves make distortion/overdrive pedals too (don't remember the exact names), so I guess you could start there to find something similar-sounding.
Quote by Linkerman

+1

seriously, though, i think some of the marshall amps (avt maybe) have circuits (don't quote me on this) that aren't a million miles off some of the marshall pedals. the old guvnor, perhaps. so maybe look into something like that (lot of pedals are based on the guvnor).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?