Hello , this is my first thread so pls sry if posted it wrong etc.

I would like to learn how ti sing like M. Shadows from Avenged Sevenfold.

I have a very similar voice, I'm the same vocal range but I just can't sing like he does in song like I won't see you tonight ( Listen to it about 3:50 and 6:58), So far away (last part of the song), Seize the day (Last part and 2 choruses) and stuff like the last clean singing in Second Heartbeat.

I do know how to scream and scream sing so I don't need help with that.

I just wanna know if it's a technique and if yes witch one so I could ask my teacher to teach me .

Thx 4 any help
Oh, god, no. He has the most irritating voice in all of heavy music, besides Serj from SOAD.

Seriously kid. No one here will help you with this. Modern Rock forum maybe, or Songwriting & Lyrics. Techniques sub-forum. Not here though.
Last edited by guitgrinder at Sep 8, 2014,
whiskey
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
That wasn't a joke. I have done recorded and live vocals and I tell everyone the same thing; The best technique for achieving an original sound is ZERO technique and whiskey. Do you want to sound like a fresh off the factory line cookie cutter vocalist? Then do all the "research" you can. Talk to Nocturno Culto about his Panzerfaust performance and he states that something just happened in the studio that night. It surprised him. It took him. That's what you want to capture to get performances of the same caliber.

These vocals are supposed to be feral, untamed and over-the-top. Where does training fit into that descriptor?
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
oh , didn't know that, is there any way to leant it faster because whiskey would take a while :P
Abuse some instruments and put a mic in front of you. Start with that. If it hurts, take a break.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Also I had no idea what vocals you are trying to do until I just now read your first post. I thought since this was the Metal forum you were asking about Metal vocals.

Carry on.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
ok I will try , tnx, I mean i can get the sound but whit far to less power
Please, please, please...stop trying to imitate that shitbag "vocalist" M. Shadows. He's so fucking terrible, in OH SO MANY ways.

Instead, do what Vamp suggested.