Poll: Humbuckers or Single Coils?
Poll Options
View poll results: Humbuckers or Single Coils?
Humbuckers?
11 69%
Single Coils?
5 31%
Voters: 16.
Hey guys. It has been a long time since I have posted.

I love guitar, and so I have decided to do a paper on a guitar subject.

I have to complete a survey out of fifty people, and I thought to myself what better crowd to poll about guitars than the Ultimate guitar community.
Let me continue by adding I love both humbuckers and single coils and own both les paul's and strats. I have to write a debate themed paper and thought that humbuckers vs. single coils is a good one since people always have an opinion. If you had one choice between a standard single coil 5 toggle switch and a standard humbucker 3 toggle switch which one would you live with for the rest of your life. IT is a hard question! I know it to be true, but think about it hard and let me know. you are helping out a lot!
Thanks peoples.

soundcloud ---- https://soundcloud.com/the-inner-eye
tbh your question isn't too clear and with your poll like that, it seems like you're asking for preference on pickups, not switch preferences.

It also has to do with what situation you're in etc... But for the most part I'd go with the 5 way since it has 2 extra settings.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Because you have spammed other threads specifically to get votes for your survey (which is bad manners, btw), I'm not going to vote on your survey.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Because you have spammed other threads specifically to get votes for your survey (which is bad manners, btw), I'm not going to vote on your survey.

That too.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
That's okay. Thanks for your input anyways. 5 way toggles are standard on strat single coils. 3 way toggles are standard on Les Paul models. I'm just trying to make it as basic as possible. we all know there are hell of a lot of ways to wire PUPS. I know its vague. I am not tying to get intricate with it.
Quote by Tony Done
Yes, humbuckers or single coils. But single have to be P90s (adjustable pole), not strat SC types and humbuckers need SC-like capability in the form of series/single or series/parallel switching. HTH

That's why I think humbuckers are pretty versatile. you can split them. for the sake of argument though I am trying for just basic buck vs. basic SC. I love the sounds I get from my tex special SCs.
Humbuckers with a 5 way switch. Simple.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by Dr.shred 801
Not paying attention!

FINE!