Hey , not been on here in a while.

I've been playing a Bugera 333xl combo for a a few years now and fancy a change. I'm looking for a head, 2/3 channels capable of playing hard rock/borderline metal stuff (Think if Brand New/Fall of Troy and Billy Talent had a really ugly baby), but cleans are also important. I'm the only guitarist in my band so need a thick sound.
Budget is £600 ish. Preferably new, boost would be a nice feature and so would inbuilt reverb.

My Gear
Carvin Tl60 H-S set up.
Pitchblack/Carbon Copy/SMMWH/Crybaby
Bugera 333xl (Going to sell)
2x12" cab loaded with V30s (in anticipation of head)

Options I've been looking at

Jet City JCA50: Hadn't even been considering this until I logged onto the forums the other day. This head (based off YT vids) sounds a bit too good for £230, nice and meaty. doesn't have boost/reverb, but at that price could buy pedals.

Carvin V3m: Found one new online for sub £600, has all the features I would like. But another thread on here makes me worry about reliability. Also maybe too much gain for what I need/sounds a bit fizzy/thin on demos.

DSL: DSl ticks all the boxes, but people don't seem to be keen on the new dsl model (also pushes my budget a bit). Could go for a used JCM DSL but I'd much prefer to buy new.

What should I do? any amps that I should be looking at?
Among them I'd be choosing a jet city.
Better if the 100HDM, or if you mod the 50w one.
Depth knob's make a difference.
Luckly it's an easy mod if you fancy doing that yourself.

Sure not the DSL, but that's just me.

For that money anyway you might look into a laney IRT as well.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
Among them I'd be choosing a jet city.
Better if the 100HDM, or if you mod the 50w one.
Depth knob's make a difference.
Luckly it's an easy mod if you fancy doing that yourself.

Sure not the DSL, but that's just me.

For that money anyway you might look into a laney IRT as well.

Cheers for the reply, would you strongly reccomend the 100H over the 50? I'll have a look into the HDM.

I'm not sure about modding, I am about as useful as a chocolate teapot when it comes to anything more technical than turning the amp on.
Get a used laney VC50/100
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Jet city is perf but HDM is better.
Just be careful about what pedals you use with the Jet city cause the loops weird or something.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Not weird, it's line level. So it's really designed for studio rack gear, not stompboxes. You can buy units to step it down and back up again though.
Here's one:
http://www.jadedfaithmods.com/s.t.e.p.-pedal.html

That was designed for the RM100 which also has a line level loop but it should work equally well on the JCA.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
^ which exact pedals would you be using? some are fine in the loop:

http://www.guitarampboard.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1615

i've only tried the 50 but it's hard to beat for the price. it's also hard to pay double for the 100hdm
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ which exact pedals would you be using? some are fine in the loop:

http://www.guitarampboard.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1615

i've only tried the 50 but it's hard to beat for the price. it's also hard to pay double for the 100hdm

Yeah I was looking at the HDM now because of the depth control, but this line-level effect loops has slightly put me off aha . Damnit Soldano.

In the loop I'd be using a Carbon Copy (seems fine from the look of it, people on forums saying pedals with 1M impedence would work fine.), Stereo Memory Man W/ Hazarai (Impedence 2M...bugger) and a reverb pedal not purchased yet.
yeah. i've never actually got as far as using my loop... and i don't have those pedals.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?