Hey guys. Haven't been on here in a minute. Hope I'm in the right spot.
So, I'm starting guitar artwork for myself currently and need a way to seal the ink on the body of my acoustic. I've been researching but no luck. I keep getting different results. I'm hoping someone here can help. I'm using sharpie ink currently. India ink was a no go. It's fading really bad so I will have to redo it but after that I'm not sure what to spray it with. I've heard nitrocellulose lacquer, clear coat, nail varnish, spray paint. I'm at a loss. Thoughts?
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Quote by RocksAwakening5
....[ ].... I'm using sharpie ink currently. India ink was a no go. It's fading really bad so I will have to redo it but after that I'm not sure what to spray it with. I've heard nitrocellulose lacquer, (Invalid img), nail varnish, spray paint. I'm at a loss. Thoughts?
What exactly are you distinguishing by calling it, "clear coat". Unless I miss my guess, they're all, "clear coats".

In any event, you can't use any lacquer, unless the guitar is finished with lacquer in the first place. Lacquer solvents are capable of damaging polyurethane or polyester finishes.

"Spray cans", are usually enamel based, unless it tells you otherwise.