what are some of the most popular mainstream metal/hardrock/alt/punk bands right now?

Page 1 of 2
inb4 mainstream sucks
inb4 pop/edm/rap acts

i know there are a ton of band still out there, but im talking about mainstream, that people would be able to know.

seems like band music is dying, what are some of the most popular rock/metal/punk/alt, basically with guitars and vocals out there? without synth and programmed stuff,

couple of years ago it was easy to name a bunch, but i dont know about now. hopefully it's just a phase in music.

seems like a lot of the traditional bands are being taken over by hipster/folkpop/electro type bands like the lumineers and pompeii, which don't even have electric guitars or drums
Last edited by musicandthewave at Sep 8, 2014,
Quote by musicandthewave

couple of years ago it was easy to name a bunch, but i dont know about now. hopefully it's just a phase in music.

it is a phase, and it'll pass, and we'll have new music, and that'll pass, and then there will be new music, and that'll pass, etc etc.
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Quote by musicandthewave
inb4 mainstream sucks
inb4 pop/edm/rap acts

inb4 guitars suck
Cringe Thread is that way ------------->
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
Quote by musicandthewave
seems like band music is dying, what are some of the most popular rock/metal/punk/alt, basically with guitars and vocals out there? without synth and programmed stuff
Yep. Sounds to me like you need to listen to some Coldplay.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Yep. Sounds to me like you need to listen to some Coldplay.

Real talk watching Chris Martin dance to his own music is the most inspirational thing since that one disney movie with Morgan Freeman and the lame ass dolphins
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
Lana Del Rey

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Arctic Monkeys are still popular. Dirty Heads put out a decent single recently, I don't know about the rest of their stuff.

If you can stop being a knob and appreciate electronics Alt-J and Big Data are damn good for popular bands.
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
mainstream punk band lol

edit:

dear landlord, not mainstream. but you should listen anyway, and if u dont like it. then I dno.
Just start listening to Bach or something. Everyone knows classical is the new metal.

Also, if you don't listen to jazz, you don't understand music.

And if you don't listen exclusively to street musicians or acoustic guitarists on youtube, you're pretentious and unaware of reality.
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; man got to tell himself he understand.

Quote by ultimate-slash
Just start listening to Bach or something. Everyone knows classical is the new metal.

Also, if you don't listen to jazz, you don't understand music.

And if you don't listen exclusively to street musicians or acoustic guitarists on youtube, you're pretentious and unaware of reality.

Wonderwall is lame and sucks
Quote by Axelfox

Maybe I should have specified that by 'acoustic guitarists', I didn't mean shitty ones
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; man got to tell himself he understand.

Quote by Axelfox

There's a lot more acoustic music out there than just Wonderwall
Quote by musicandthewave
inb4 mainstream sucks
inb4 pop/edm/rap acts
Yes, everything of this.
Quote by musicandthewave
which don't even have electric guitars or drums
You too should listen to the wub wubz they're better.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Eastwinn

real talks (and you know it's real talks cus i really respect you and i don't fake talks to people i really respect) but this was actually terrible :^0

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Bullshit.

There is no Wonderwall, only Jon Gomm.

Well yeah, that's more than just Wonderwall though
Quote by caeser1156
Arctic Monkeys are still popular. Dirty Heads put out a decent single recently, I don't know about the rest of their stuff.

If you can stop being a knob and appreciate electronics Alt-J and Big Data are damn good for popular bands.

buddy of mine showed me Alt-J not too long ago and i was impressed
Quote by Dregen
buddy of mine showed me Alt-J not too long ago and i was impressed

They're really good. It's nice to see a band that's pretty unique and experimental like they are getting some popularity.
Quote by MinterMan22
real talks (and you know it's real talks cus i really respect you and i don't fake talks to people i really respect) but this was actually terrible :^0

try this song maybe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lrRr69aCmM

this a baltimore band (buddy of my sister's boyfriend) so you gotta consider that it's always gonna sound a bit like b&w album cover D.C-Baltimore straight edge. i personally love that, but idk about you.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Page 1 of 2