Being a guy who's played on floating bridges ever since, I am tired of not knowing how to setup a floyd rose correctly, and having constantly to deal with it being raised or lowered due to temperature changes, and also not having to be able to change tunings without the guitar just completely messing up, and having to go through a ton of hassle when I need to restring etc.

I want a string through guitar now, The only options I have are the Jackson JS32 and JS32T ranges, cheap, yes I know, but its all I can get because of the region I'm in. Long story.

At this price point, would you guys recommend that I get the floating trem versions and use a tremolo blocker/hard-tail (i.e Tremol-No) or just get a string through ? I do need something that can hold tunings very well.

P.S I would also like to know what the size of a flying V is generally, I have played V's before but once I played a Dave Mustaine Signature ESP and it seemed to be WAY too big. Is this true for all V's ?
Just go for a string thru or hardtail of some sort. I don't like the sharp saddles on some, they can break a lot of strings but they can have better intonation...i prefer smooth saddles.

....you could always just learn to set up a FR properly...

temp changes should have little to do with adj the FR and I find them just as fast to restring
Last edited by Tempoe at Sep 8, 2014,
Get the fixed bridge one. Floyd Rose is way more trouble than it's worth at this price range.

As for how big V's are, they're all generally similar in size. They tend to be very long as guitars go. The ESP DM V is no exception. It's very much a Jackson V copycat.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by Tempoe
Just go for a string thru or hardtail of some sort. I don't like the sharp saddles on some, they can break a lot of strings but they can have better intonation...i prefer smooth saddles.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Get the fixed bridge one. Floyd Rose is way more trouble than it's worth at this price range.

As for how big V's are, they're all generally similar in size. They tend to be very long as guitars go. The ESP DM V is no exception. It's very much a Jackson V copycat.

Yes, I was also leaning more towards the fixed bridge. As a guitarist who's played on a floyd rose ever since, anything I should know about fixed bridges ? In this case, a string through ?

As for the V question, I just didn't want to get a king V shape and then find that it's just way too big, I'm a tall guy with a lean body, if I'm holding onto something ginormous it just looks strange.
There's nothing to really know about fixed bridges. What you see is pretty much what you get. Occasionally, there is burr in the slots of the saddles, but filing the burr off fixes it.

And it's strange that you say that the last V you played was enormous. I don't think they are. I've never had a problem with them. Provided you're not playing them in some really bizarre way, they don't feel much bigger or more unwieldy than any other guitar.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Sep 8, 2014,