I got my hd500 hooked up in front of my amp because I don't have an fx loop.sounds good but its missing that extra something, I have tried tweaking the hd500 and the amp but cant quite get that ideal feel, then i hooked up to my klipsch speakers and it sounds better but too bassy...so im having trouble finding that happy medium....any suggestions?

Also considered using it only for affects but once again i have no fx loop
what amp and guitar are you using /trying to get etc.

i don't own a PODHD but plenty do.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by jamesdolecek
Also considered using it only for affects but once again i have no fx loop
If you wanna use it only for fx, just turn off the amp and cab simulation on the POD, use whatever fx you like, and send its output to the amp's guitar input.

Though the rest of the post isn't really clear to me.
What result are you trying to achieve again?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I'm searching for that ultimate high gain tone, just trying to figure out the best route to take
You might take different routes for that.

One might be spending $4k on an SLO or a VH4, and another might be getting a powered wedge or a power amp + a guitar cab and play the pod through one or the other.

You will not be able to play your pod through your amp and get a good tone out of the pod if the amp isn't good and it doesn't have an fx loop, 'cause the sound coming out of the pod would still be passed through the whole amp.

If you either get the "ultimate high gain amp", whatever that is for you, or you get a powered wedge to use fx, amps and cabs simulation on the pod (and you like the sound of the pod), or you get a power amp and a guitar cab and play the pod through that turning off the amp simulation.

All of that may get you the ultimate high gain tone.
Mind though that the ultimate high gain tone is different for everybody, as somebody's might be a boosted 6505+ through a mesa recto 4x12, and I even have 2 ultimate high gain tones in my mind, so there's really not a best route to take...

It all depends on what you want to do really.

Do you want a new amp?
Do you want a powered wedge?
Do you want a power amp + cab?
Do you want not to spend any money?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I was in a similar situation to this.

I use my HD500 through the loop. Its not the best sound on its own, but when cranked at miced at gigs etc it sounds better. Is it as good as a really expensive tube amp (or even a midrange one) with a hefty pedal setup? No. is it a hell of a lot more convinient and cheaper? Yes. With stuff like this its going to be a bit of a compramise. And as the other guys have said above, it really depends on what you want and how you're going to get it
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
We need to know what amp you are using. I agree with the idea of getting a powered wedge and running it through that. I use mine in the FX Loop for strictly effects. The only reason I haven't sold it is to keep as a backup to my amp in a worst case scenario.

The only other piece of advice I can give is going into the System/IO menu and making sure the output is set to the right setting. A direct out into a guitar amp sounds bassy, muddy, and overall just meh.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Im using a hughes and kettner tubemeister5. And a EVH cab. I was told there was a setting to put 'in front of amp' but im yet to find it. Can i access all settings thru the editing software
Quote by jamesdolecek
I got my hd500 hooked up in front of my amp because I don't have an fx loop.sounds good but its missing that extra something, (

You DID start here, didn't you?

http://foobazaar.com/podhd/toneGuide/

This is THE guide for finding gain tones with an HD.
I found this out quite early as soon as I upgraded to the HD500 and I feel lucky for finding out, because this is much better than the default and makes quite a difference. I am honestly hoping that the next update will include an option for input 2 being nothing which might even be quiter than Variax!
Quote by lp4lifessamberl
Im using a hughes and kettner tubemeister5. And a EVH cab. I was told there was a setting to put 'in front of amp' but im yet to find it. Can i access all settings thru the editing software

With the POD on hold the button that says "view". With the D-pad move over to page 4/10. It should say "outputs" with a picture of 2 right angle 1/4" jacks. Use knob 1 to scroll over to "Stack Front". There are a few global EQ setting to play with but I'd leave them as is for now.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9