First of all, I bought my SX Les Paul EG2k black from Cash Converters (second hand shop) few days ago and I've been enjoying all night long.

However though, the fretboard feels stickyish and It's not even funny when I'm doing solo in songs. And the worse part is that the string gauge feels like 11. I've tried 9's and 10's and these strings from my guitar are really hard to bend. There are also pack of strings in the hard case too but I don't wanna use 11 atm.

So, I searched to how to clean rosewood fretboard, it looks like i'll use lemon oil. However that means that I have to take all the strings to clean the whole frets but that wandered me why..

Doesn't removing all strings changes the tension of the neck on guitar? Because I'm really afraid that I need to set-up my guitar to music shop which cost me around 70 bucks, and even if I would do it myself, I might snap the neck or can't afford the tools for it.

Oh, and i'm also planning to use 9 gauge.(if not, 10)
Quote by sybalez
Doesn't removing all strings changes the tension of the neck on guitar?

No.

Yes, you should use lemon oil, but if it's really grimy you should go to your local hardware or paint supply store and get some naphtha and 0000 steel wool. The naphtha is a paint stripper, but it won't harm your guitar. Just soak a paper towel in some and get to work on the wood. Then with the steel wool clean the frets themselves (the wire). Try not to scratch the wood with it. Then you can use the lemon oil to hydrate the fretboard. Make sure you get lemon oil made for instruments though. Stuff like furniture polish will dry it out.

I take all the strings off my guitars to change them all the time, the neck wil be fine. As for putting some 9s on, yes you'll have to play with the saddles a bit but nothing you can't do yourself with a flathead screwdriver and a little know-how. There's a setup thread in this forum the will tell how to properly intonate your guitar.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by TheStig1214
you should use lemon oil, but if it's really grimy you should go to your local hardware or paint supply store and get some naphtha and 0000 steel wool. The naphtha is a paint stripper, but it won't harm your guitar.

naptha is not a paint stripper. it's essentially lighter fluid and will clean a guitar without harming the paint/finish.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
naptha is not a paint stripper. it's essentially lighter fluid and will clean a guitar without harming the paint/finish.

Sorry, it's actually paint thinner. But you'll be able to find it in the same place as your paint strippers, denatured alcohols, ect.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
http://www.gorgomyte.com/

This stuff works really well if the fretboard is nasty
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Put painters tape on each side of the fret you 're working on so you can polish the fret without damaging the fingerboard.
Thanks Robbgnarly for the link to Gorgomyte. A local guitarist I admire told me about this a few months ago but I forgot name (or never had it right to begin with). I just ordered some. Thanks for the timely tip.
Quote by Rickholly74
Thanks Robbgnarly for the link to Gorgomyte. A local guitarist I admire told me about this a few months ago but I forgot name (or never had it right to begin with). I just ordered some. Thanks for the timely tip.

Yeah, I bought the 3 pack a while back and only used 1 so far and it works really well, especially the nasty 10+ yr old grime you find on a lot of guitars.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Thanks for the answers guys. Unfortunately, I can't afford the naptha but I might get one when it's dirty again. Anyways I ended up using lemon oil and steel wool.
If you use steel wool, do not be tempted to go across the grain with it. You will see scratches in the wood if you do.
Various Strats
PRS SC245 (2007)
Fessenden SD-10 pedal steel
Koch Studiotone XL
Mesa Boogie Express 5:25+
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1