Now I know how to setup a guitar but there's something that's been frustrating me for a long time now and I don't seem to be getting anywhere with it

I have a Jackson Randy Rhoads (Jackson floating bridge), and when I bought it... it was just like any other guitar but I kept fiddling around with it (not knowing what I was doing back in the day) and miraculously I somehow ended up with a setup by removing on of the three bridge springs that was so good I couldn't believe my self !

Super easy action/notation, smooth overstep bends (3-4 even 5 frets up) so I basically made everyone jealous even though they had better or lets say more expensive guitars, but I've changed my strings lately (D'Addario super light XL Pure Nickel Round Wounds).

Using my old trick with only two bridge springs but not getting the same effects although I've switched between string types but never changed to anything other than super light ones.

So what's really bugging me is that the bridge keeps going up when I tighten up the string when tuning and you know that's no good, and if I wanted to tighten the bridge screws to pull it down.... although the strings will be tuneable (don't know if that's even a word) but the action will suffer severely, which means no more crazy bends and easy action !

WHAT ON EARTH SHOULD I DO ? The guitar has been sitting there for two days now hoping for the strings to stretch out enough so that the bridge would go down somehow to be able to tune the guitar without the string getting tight like my 45 year-old aunt's jeans
If your bridge is angled forwards like in II, then you need to balance the tension by either adding that third spring or screwing the spring claw in further:

Once the trem is balanced, assuming you've not touched the mounting posts, your action should be the same. The strings may feel tighter though.
Quote by -MintSauce-
If your bridge is angled forwards like in II, then you need to balance the tension by either adding that third spring or screwing the spring claw in further:

Once the trem is balanced, assuming you've not touched the mounting posts, your action should be the same. The strings may feel tighter though.

That's the main problem, I know how to properly set it up but I need a way to bring the guitar to It's former glory without adding a 3rd spring....

Is anyone here getting where I'm going at !?

I don't want to add a 3rd and still want great action/bends with the proper bridge adjustment.... I even remember the bridge not being straight back in the day, it was slightly up and still worked perfectly
Quote by trippypees
That's the main problem, I know how to properly set it up but I need a way to bring the guitar to It's former glory without adding a 3rd spring....

Is anyone here getting where I'm going at !?

I don't want to add a 3rd and still want great action/bends with the proper bridge adjustment.... I even remember the bridge not being straight back in the day, it was slightly up and still worked perfectly

I also remember removing the 3rd spring while the whole thing was working fine, tuned with perfect setup.....when I removed the 3rd the tuning changed but I retuned it without having to adjust anything, just your typical pegs tuning !
I have an ofr on my kramer. 4 springs in e standard (right now) with 11-54 beefy slinky's. plays, bends, whatever, just fine.

why can't you just put another spring?
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Quote by JagerSlushy
I have an ofr on my kramer. 4 springs in e standard (right now) with 11-54 beefy slinky's. plays, bends, whatever, just fine.

why can't you just put another spring?

cuz It makes everything stiffer !

My playing style is focuses/involves a lot on bends and whammy bar, kind of weird to pinpoint my style.... a mix between blues, jazz and rock so I need the setup to be as smooth as possible !

gonna try an old trick, using three springs then tuning the guitar then locking the nuts and leaving it for a day or so.
By doing so hoping that the strings will stretch out more and after that removing the 3rd spring while keeping the nuts locked on tune.... It'll drop but hopefully after retuning the guitar the bridge won't go up that much !

Still open for new ideas
Quote by Explorerbuilder
Dude, there are not any "Other ideas"
There is only the 1 way, and that is to add another spring. I highly doubt you can tell the difference between 2 and 3 springs feel wise.
Your previous method probably worked because the strings were worn or a smaller guage.

The old trick worked

Everything is back to normal, life suddenly feels better xD

LOCKED AND CLOSED
Im just wondering, why would the action suffer if you tightened the springs? Or if you added another spring?
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.