Hi guys

I'm in my 4th semester of classical guitar lessons in college (technically speaking, it's my 4th. This will only be the 3rd semester I've been actively playing classical guitar). I need to select a piece for my juries (performance final to be played for the Music Dept. Staff). This will likely also be used to audition for entry into a 4 year program, most notably at Seton Hill and/or Duquesne Universities among others.

The problem is that I'm pretty unfamiliar with most classical guitar repertoire so I have no idea what to look for, so I could use some help. Any input would be appreciated
What styles are you interested in or do you like playing the most? I can give you my own rec's, but in their end they're my preferences

EDIT: Also, what's your playing ability
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
What styles are you interested in or do you like playing the most? I can give you my own rec's, but in their end they're my preferences

EDIT: Also, what's your playing ability

I don't have any particular preference So far, my exams have been either exercisey type stuff out of the book, or baroque style music (Robert de Visee), and they've been fun to work with, but I could use something different

As far as playing ability goes, rhythm is probably my strength while left hand economy is probably my weakest. Figuring out the correct fingerings for chords is something I struggle with, I often don't figure out the easiest way until I've already built the harder way into my muscle memory.
Quote by Dreadnought
Could you swing this/do you like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSlc6yQDZFM

The difficulty in this piece is not in the left hand, but rather in the right hand picking rhythm, proper dynamics (especially of the melody voice), and sustainability

I can indeed dig this

Any idea where I could find the sheet music?
What a nice piece. Will have to give it some time. Cheers
If you guys are interested, John Williams performs what is essentially the definitive version of this suite on the album The Guitarist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO8q9tWp3OY

The third movement (5:36 in that video) is my favorite. I found it the most challenging, as well. Fourth movement is pretty straightforward.

EDIT: I am just now discovering George Vassilev's version, which is fantastic as well.
My God, it's full of stars!
Classical guitar is not your main instrument? (I'm assuming that because you would have had to perform to get accepted into a School of Music and you're not familiar with the repertoire.) What level of technicality are you expected to show? You should find that out before choosing a piece. (Usually, a sophomore student majoring in classical guitar is fairly proficient and can play advanced compositions.) I played a Sor Study (in 3rds) and Villa-Lobos Etude No1 when I auditioned for UNC and I passed. I did not pass at a smaller school after playing Barrios's La Catedral. Go to Delcamp forum and you'll get good suggestions once you find out what is expected of your performance.

http://www.classicalguitardelcamp.com/index.php