Page 1 of 3
Apparently not according to one of the dumbest human beings I have ever encountered. She asked how much one of our laptops was and I told her it was $400, and she replies "Oh...you guys raised the price on me. It used to be $399.95". And I'm 100% certain it was a dead serious statement. I also caught her picking her nose and then picking up water bottles around the store and then putting them back. Disgusting.

Tell me the dumbest things you've ever heard at work/school.
Check out my band Disturbed
that bitch had to suck a lot of dicks for every penny she earned

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
if you think $399.95 is $400, you are a terrible salesman and should change your name to StupidSwan trololol
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by Acϵ♠
if you think $399.95 is $400, you are a terrible salesman and should change your name to StupidSwan trololol

I don't give a fuck if she buys it or not

But she did end up buying it and then yesterday tried to return it, but it was loaded with viruses and we were all like "lol no" and she got furious.
Assuming 6% sales tax then yes 399.95 does in fact = 400
I know now what I knew then, but I didn't know then what I know now
Quote by Zigler9
Assuming 6% sales tax then yes 399.95 does in fact = 400

No, it's $423.94
Damn TS 399,95 = 399,95 and 400,00 = 400,00 and not any other combination of the formers.

It's like basic math, that you have probably failed at school and that's why now you're a salesman at a cheap computers store.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Rossenrot
No, it's $423.94

And 400 dollars with 6 percent sales tax is 424.00 so it's actually a 6 cent discrepancy omg what kind of shady business do you work for swan boy?
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
And 400 dollars with 6 percent sales tax is 424.00 so it's actually a 6 cent discrepancy omg what kind of shady business do you work for swan boy?

the state of colorado

so yeah, pretty shady tbh
Well, it wasn't at work or school, but having a conversation with my super religious family I learned that they don't believe in dinosaurs and think the fossils were put by the government and scientists to try and take down religion and undermine God. I don't even know how I'm so different from my family
Quote by Rossenrot
No, it's $423.94

Depends on your perspective
I know now what I knew then, but I didn't know then what I know now
Quote by VillainousLatin
Well, it wasn't at work or school, but having a conversation with my super religious family I learned that they don't believe in dinosaurs and think the fossils were put by the government and scientists to try and take down religion and undermine God. I don't even know how I'm so different from my family

How sad their life must be without dinosaurs.

Also, how do they explain Jurassic Park and Littlefoot?
This happened at work

Lady comes in with kids order hamburger kids meal

I mess up get her quesadilla kids meal, my bad

I take her the food and say "sorry, I messed up the order, please have this free of charge while we get what you actually ordered". She looks at the food and says "this isn't what I ordered!" I say "yes ma'am, I made a mistake. please enjoy this while the hamburger cooks". I go back behind the counter and she brings it to me saying "I didn't order this!" . I cannot understand what is happening. I tell her, I know! The hamburger is on its way! I messed up! I have to be like this for a while and then she just sits down.

I bring her the hamburger.
Quote by Weaponized
This happened at work

I take her the food and say "sorry, I messed up the order, please have this free of charge while we get what you actually ordered". She looks at the food and says "this isn't what I ordered!" I say "yes ma'am, I made a mistake. please enjoy this while the hamburger cooks". I go back behind the counter and she brings it to me saying "I didn't order this!" . I cannot understand what is happening. I tell her, I know! The hamburger is on its way! I messed up! I have to be like this for a while and then she just sits down.

nice

you gave that lady your meat
I always round off numbers like you did. What difference does five cents make? Apparently a lot to some people...
"Being honest may not get you a lot of friends, but it'll always get you the right ones."
Quote by Weaponized
This happened at work

Are you sure she spoke English well?
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Are you sure she spoke English well?

I was speaking to her in spanish
A while back at the store I used to work at a lady came in looking to buy a lanyard for God knows what. We didn't have any in the store and when she came up to ask I told her that I was 99% certain that we don't have any. So she got upset and asked why we don't. I told her that I have no control over what we sell so I couldn't tell her.

She then asks me if I know any other stores that might have one. I told her to try the CVS across the street or to go to Walmart or Target. She said she had been to all three and couldn't find any. She started to get more upset and asked if there was anywhere else because I had to know. I told her I had no idea where you could buy one.

She was furious that I somehow didn't know and told me I was useless and asked me how I could be so stupid as to not know. So I just told her back that she couldn't find them either so she must be just as stupid.

My manager was pretty pissed at me but I honestly didn't mean to say it back. It was one of those sarcastic comments that comes out of your mouth before you know how to stop it. Luckily I didn't get fired or anything, I was just told to try to watch my mouth better in the future.
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Are you sure you speak Spanish?

I am sure I speak spanish. Or as the spanish would say, I am sure I speak spanish (in español)
You guys miss the point.

Work backward from this one.

Why are things 399,95 instead of 400?

To give the sense of something being cheaper, than it actually is.

This is a woman who either trolls or legitimately feels it has become more expensive.

I would almost call it very good anti-marketing

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Sep 10, 2014,
Quote by caeser1156

She was furious that I somehow didn't know and told me I was useless and asked me how I could be so stupid as to not know. So I just told her back, that she couldn't find them either so she must be just as stupid.

This is why I could never work in a shop, I'd be fired on the first day.
Quote by xxdarrenxx
You guys miss the point.

This is a woman who either trolls or legitimately feels it has become more expensive.

To be fair, 400 is objectively 0.05 more than 399.95
Quote by xxdarrenxx
You guys miss the point.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_pricing
You don't happen to work at Best Buy, do you? I used to work there. It's shit.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JustRooster
You don't happen to work at Best Buy, do you? I used to work there. It's shit.

Did you have a sweet high and tight?
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by CaptainCanti
Tbf, it would normally be 399.99 rather than 399.95.

399.99 is 400. literally.
Quote by xxdarrenxx

This is the best way to put it, definitely
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Guys, I feel it is important to note that the price didn't actually increase. I just rounded the 5 cents because "three hundred-ninety-nine ninety-five" is 9 syllables whilst "four hundred" is only 3. I figure that cutting my work by 66.66666666% is more important to me than those five cents were to her.
^ do you also think that they priced the thing at 399,95 to laugh at the salesmen when they would have had to say "three hundred-ninety-nine ninety-five" instead of "four hundred"?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Quote by StewieSwan
Guys, I feel it is important to note that the price didn't actually increase. I just rounded the 5 cents because "three hundred-ninety-nine ninety-five" is 9 syllables whilst "four hundred" is only 3. I figure that cutting my work by 66.66666666% is more important to me than those five cents were to her.

what idiot would say that though

three ninety nine ninety give

who would say hundred in there
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
what idiot would say that though

three ninety nine ninety give

who would say hundred in there

Forget hundred. What kind of idiot says 'ninety give'?
Page 1 of 3