Hi, I have a 94 Fender Twin, two channel amp, for those who aren't familiar, it has a overdrive channel, and I'm wondering, what would be a good valve to get more drive? It has good drive and what not now, but I feel it could have a little more, currently it has a Fender logo'd valve, which I think is made by groove tube (correct me if I'm wrong).

One other thing, if someone knows which position effects the sound of channel two, that'd be great, there is a row of 12ax7s, than two 12at7's, so I'm presuming the 12ax7's are the ones that effect tone?

Cheers.
red knob twin?

http://ampwares.com/amplifiers/fender-twin-red-knob-the-twin/ (schematic in the link, if you can't read it I'll take a look)

i'm not sure getting tubes for more drive is the most efficient way to do it. for less drive, sure- but for more drive using an od pedal as a boost is probably handier and gives you more options on the fly.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You can try high gain 12AX7s, but your wiggle room is pretty much already run out. All the other common tube types are lower gain, not higher gain.

Check this out. http://www.diyguitarist.com/GuitarAmps/SD-Convertible/patgf1.htm

You should just get a good OD, like Dave said.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X