Page 1 of 2
http://time.com/3311862/10-things-iphone-6-apple/

So, it's coming soon. Big improvements advertised are the screen, the camera, the NFC pay system, and the fact that you can make calls via wi-fi, despite just about every android phone having been able to do that since 2007.

My upgrade is in October. Is there any reason to get one of these over an Android? Tell me, Iphone savvy friends.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
damn full 1080p phone. I haven't been keeping track of the mobile market but that sounds pretty neat
Don't stick with Android

You're welcome
Quote by chrisyoonyoon
where i'm from it's very different with emotionships
lol I will never understand why people ask these inane questions

It's a phone. most likely you will never utilize even 50% of the features any given phone has. And if you do, then you already know exactly what you want.

basically it doesn't matter

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
recently made the switch from iphone to samsung (galaxy S5) and i wouldn't even think about going back to iOS now

android > apple
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by JustRooster
Thoughts?

it's nothing less than sublime

a little big to get used to at first, once that's overcome the battery life is fantastic (for today's phones) can get a day and a half to 2 days out of one charge even during standard use.

camera is good, but i don't really use my phone's camera other than taking pics of normal stuff, not arty or professional photography

it's really quick

waterproof (trust me, i've tested it)

the fingerprint unlock is good, iphone you can register 10 fingers, S5 can only register 3 but you just need one really (i just use right thumb)

you can be a jedi and wave your hand in front of it to scroll down web pages etc

S Health is a fun add on, but nothing more than that really

all the usual apps are there, anything you can get on apple you can get on android, and it's often free on android too

the speaker on the S5 looks puny, but it's got a decent sound coming out of it!

yes it has a plastic back, but that's because it's got expandable memory (micro SD) so you can't complain, the plastic back is still grippy and looks cool

i have the white one, but all colours look good!

can't think of anything else, but if you want to fire away any questions please do.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by JustRooster
My upgrade is in October. Is there any reason to get one of these over an Android?
Well the processor of the iPhone 5 kicked the S5's ass, should be even better with their new super special awesome iPhone 6 chip.

Plus the software is plain better.

The shape never really got me though, so I have an xperia mini pro.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Xiaoxi

It's a phone. most likely you will never utilize even 50% of the features any given phone has. And if you do, then you already know exactly what you want.

Stop talking sense Xixi
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by behind_you
i've upgraded to a nokia 5233

still going strong after 5 years

I have a Nokia Lumina 928. Pretty nice phone. It has tons of storage.
"Being honest may not get you a lot of friends, but it'll always get you the right ones."
iPhones totally f*cking suck Apple are like such a corporation and they use slave labor and i hate them and they are sooooooo expensive and like i hate them and f*ck Apple and a core part of my personality is that I hate Apple cos they f*cking suck.

If you like the look of the iPhone 6, buy it. End of.

EDIT: Also I hear IOS 8 will make the phones waterproof, so that's a bonus.
Last edited by Random3 at Sep 10, 2014,
Quote by Xiaoxi

word.
i don't know why i feel so dry
I'm always really behind on this kind of shit. I've had a Droid 2 for like 8 years and I'm just now upgrading to a Nexus which is like, 3 years old at this point.
Samsung Galaxy. Be it S3, S4, or S5, doesn't matter.
Quote by Dave Mustaine
If you want to be treated intelligently, act intelligent.

Posted in the Android thread, this is relevant:

And I'm on the Nexus 5, haha stupid Apple suckers.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Gonna get a smartphone soon and am deciding between this and the Galaxy. I really like the Galaxy but I like that the iPhone would be more compatible with my Macbook and the Apple TV I got for free last month.

Also 64 GBs of storage, tho I guess the Galaxy can use outside storage. hmmm, decisions....
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Posted in the Android thread, this is relevant:

And I'm on the Nexus 5, haha stupid Apple suckers.

The stupid thing about that picture, is that pretty much all of those features mentioned on the iPhone 6 are features that have been on previous iPhone models. So none of those are brand new to the iPhone like that pic is trying to convey.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by DukeDeRox
I'll stick with my iPhone5s. Does everything I need and more

Let's get real, so did the iPhone4. and 3. and 2. and 1.....
Quote by Xiaoxi

i need 16gb quad core 1080p bluetooth wifi 5g 16 inch screens to text pictures of cats to my mom
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
Let's get real, so did the iPhone4. and 3. and 2. and 1.....

They actually didn't the 4 likely did but the 3GS and original iPhone didnt
If you want a big phone, the iPhone 6 Plus is too big for its screen size.

http://mobiledevicesize.com/compare/#474,434;1

That's the Lg G3 vs. the iPhone 6+. Same screen size, yet the LG is a much more manageable size. Most of the new features they announced have been on Android phones for years already, so I'd stick with Android if I were you.
I hade the LG G2, got the Nexus 5. Go with the G3. Iphones are for wankers.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
My work gave me an iphone 5, if not for that I wouldn't even have a smartphone. Hopefully they give me the 6 when it comes out. that'd be sweet. but yea, i don't know shit about smart phones.
Quote by guitarxo
Wait what was that about selfies???

What is the best phone for taking selfies

Oppo N1

The part with the camera is on a swivel, so you can use the rear camera to take selfies yeh.
Quote by Xiaoxi

Word. I didn't even get a smartphone until this year, and I still mainly just use it for texts and calls. I can use an actual computer for the rest of that shit.
Quote by TheChaz
Oppo N1

The part with the camera is on a swivel, so you can use the rear camera to take selfies yeh.

/yawn
Quote by TheChaz
Oppo N1

NICE. But only 16 gb and no SD card slot? Not optimal for selfies 😿
cat
Page 1 of 2