I pulled these speakers out of a be hringer bg12 straight and put them in my sunn 4x12 cab that is much lighter. They are the best speakers ive ever had and ive played a few.

My dilemma is that im building a combo and need an 8 ohm speaker, and i dont want to separate the 4 in my cab. Does anyone know what speakers sound like this one? From the very little ive gathered, i think the celestion g12-65 might be close, but ive never confirmed it.

Technically speaking, the bugera's have a vintage jensen style basket, a smallish magnet and obviously high QTS which is why they sounded too boomy in the closed back. Mainly Though, I think the cone is why they sound the way they do; large see-through dustcap and no edge doping.

Soundwise, they are very dark, but still have some sparkle on top, but have these really deep dark low mids that roar. They sound nothing like a V30, for example, and they breakup early.

Can anyone that is familiar with these help me out?
Those speakers suck so you have never played through a decent speaker. Not being mean, but that is the truth, you know nothing about real, good tone if you think those are good speakers (and I'm not a fan of V30's)
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Those speakers suck so you have never played through a decent speaker. Not being mean, but that is the truth, you know nothing about real, good tone if you think those are good speakers (and I'm not a fan of V30's)

+3.1415 on all accounts. listen to some other speakers. most probably know my choice off of the top of their head. i like K100's, i will not buy a cab that doesn't come with good speakers.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I am insistent on these speakers. I dont have the testing equipment to analyze spectrum decay or non-linear distortion and give objective data on what aspects of the tone I like. If you have comparison data on paper from your personal experience with these speakers in an other-than be hringer cabinet, I would greatly appreciate that.
Quote by MountainMan89
I am insistent on these speakers. I dont have the testing equipment to analyze spectrum decay or non-linear distortion and give objective data on what aspects of the tone I like. If you have comparison data on paper from your personal experience with these speakers in an other-than be hringer cabinet, I would greatly appreciate that.

If you really want those speakers, good luck. Your best bet is to contact Bugera and see if you can buy those speakers from them, I'm sure they sell replacements.

Just because something looks good on paper doesn't mean it is good in real life
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by MountainMan89
These are hardly the things you would judge a guitar speaker from.

Also you should go and try other speakers, to broaden your horizons and know what's out there if not for buying something else.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
No offence, but the clean settings all sounded OK, but anything with gain sounded like shit. Are you Army or USMC? the patch is hard to read. I was USN so you already know we are the #1 fighting force for the USA and all the rest are 2nd rate
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
i personally like the weber on all 3 samples. the middle 3 samples are horrid. i think thats just a bad amp settings or something. still like the weber there. what amp are you using? perhaps thats a better tonal change than speakers.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)