Honestly man, I checked out your older version of this song as well and the guitar tone on that one was much better than this one. The tone on this one is really thin and nasty. It has no body and too much treble. To fix that, I would increase the bass and mids, and bring down the treble on your amp. You probably won't be able to save that track without re-recording.

Also the delay on the intro part needs to be dialed in better, it's not similar enough to the original. Also, the timing on the distorted intro is a bit off in a few spots.

To give you a good idea of how the timing and delay should sound like, here is my vocal cover of the song. I didn't do the instrumental on this one, so I feel bad critiquing you for a song I haven't done the guitars for myself but the points are still valid. :P

https://soundcloud.com/coreyculler/the-jester-race

Aside from that, you made a good effort on doing the song. A few fixes and it'll sound great! This is my favorite song from In Flames, so it's always enjoyable to see covers of it.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1656188
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Last edited by Lovecannon at Sep 12, 2014,
Thanks for suggestions
Yes I know the intro is terrible, and yes, now I hear that is too thin n nasty like you said, I make this late in the evening, n I was tired...I just put it in on soundcloud.
But I can't agree with you in what you say, that my old version is better. The jester race album's guitar tone is almost without mid, just bass n high, I think my new mix is closer to the original, but maybe I'm wrong . The cover what have you show me, is graet absolutly, but I think it's need more high n less mid, but it' again just me...

What other people say to this? It's better mix than my previous mix ?
Last edited by venndi88 at Sep 13, 2014,
Not really... In Flames usually has a rather neutral mids. From what Ive seen of their amps, they usually have the mids set to 5-6 on a Peavey. They also usually have the presence cranked pretty high. :S
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
On the jester race album they had use some marshall valvestate amp with HM-2, not the 5150, their current tone is different story.