Hey, so I was wondering whether I should go for the Jackson RRTMG or the Dean VMNT Dave mustaine signature. The RRTMG costs about 850$, but along with the hard case it comes up to 980$ and the VMNT is around 1000$(which comes along with a hard case). So they're pretty much the same price. And I'm in India so I can't play the guitar before I buy it :/ (a friend of mine is getting it for me from the US)

Oh also do you guys have any other suggestions for a fixed bridge V with hot pickups?
Out of those 2, I'd get the Jackson because I love their necks.

It's unfortunate that you cannot try any guitars before you buy them, though.
Quote by agentorange2

Oh also do you guys have any other suggestions for a fixed bridge V with hot pickups?

Gibson V.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Sep 11, 2014,
I'd go with the Jackson because I have yet to play a single non-bass Dean that didn't feel like a toy. I've played a single Dean bass that was pretty nice but anything with 6 or more strings... nope. Wouldn't pay even half the asking price.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by agentorange2

The Reverend Volcano RA:
http://www.reverendguitars.com/instrument/volcano-ra-fm/

Some of the Fernandes V-Hawks or Vortexes are hardtails:
http://www.fernandesguitars.com/v-hawk.html
http://www.fernandesguitars.com/vortex.html
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Sep 12, 2014,
Wouldn't get that Jackson without playing it first

I'd go for the Dean myself.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Played the VMNT and loved it. One of the nicest guitars I've ever played hands down. Would have bought it if it didn't cost so much. It's not like other Dean's were even the high end stuff is still kinda shitty. They really pay attention with these.
Quote by JAustinMunn

My first guitar still has residue from an unfortunate ranch dressing incident

Quote by jpnyc
I played this guitar once. It unleashed the ****ing fury and I got kicked out of Guitar Center.
Quote by utmbarto
Played the VMNT and loved it. One of the nicest guitars I've ever played hands down. Would have bought it if it didn't cost so much. It's not like other Dean's were even the high end stuff is still kinda shitty. They really pay attention with these.

Indonesian or Korean ones?
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
In this price range and if I couldnt try one first I would simply buy the one that I visually like more and has a specs that I fancy. Cheap Deans, like cheap BC Riches, have a bad reputation but these are not actually cheap. If you get a bad one or not depends on quality control and luck. Either of them could end up being made on a bad day and that happens with every brand of guitar. Even (especially? ) Gibson.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
I got a shoddy RRTMG I had to send back, the guitar had really sharp frets out of the box.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Fisheth24
I got a shoddy RRTMG I had to send back, the guitar had really sharp frets out of the box.

You had a lifted fret and a miscut nut (your high E was too close to the end of the fretboard and was slipping off) IIRC.

FWIW, I got an RRXMG brand new and had no problems.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Damn, I guess I'm back to square one :/

Btw where are the Dean VMNT's made? Indonesia or Korea?
And how are the Live Wire pick ups?
I'll be running it through an Amptweaker Tight Metal, so I need hot pickups with a high output.
I read a review where the guy said the live wire pickups shorted out :O I'm so screwed if that happens to me :|

Ooo the jackson RRXMG's are made in India. It's the weirdest thing, they make them in India but they don't sell them here. The only jacksons which are sold here are the JS series -_-
Quote by agentorange2

I read a review where the guy said the live wire pickups shorted out :O I'm so screwed if that happens to me :|

Cant help you more but this has nothing to do with Livewire but something gone wrong with a wiring. Can happen with any pickup really.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Quote by agentorange2

Btw where are the Dean VMNT's made? Indonesia or Korea?
And how are the Live Wire pick ups?
I'll be running it through an Amptweaker Tight Metal, so I need hot pickups with a high output.

Ooo the jackson RRXMG's are made in India. It's the weirdest thing, they make them in India but they don't sell them here. The only jacksons which are sold here are the JS series -_-

They're not. The RRXMG's are Indonesian.

Older Dave Mustaine Dean's are Korean but the newer ones are Indonesian (They're overpriced for Indonesian guitars in Europe I think)
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Huh, My friend got an RRXMG which said made in India o.O
And so did one or two review on youtube I think
(Meh, I don't know. I may be wrong.)
I've seen some reviews saying it's made in Indonesia.
Like this review:
http://livetoneguitars.blogspot.com/2014/04/jackson-guitars-jackson-rhoads.html
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
If you're still looking then I'd go for the Jackson, not just because their my personal favorites, but also because even their lowest-end models can kick a mid-priced Dean's arse any day, in terms of looks and performance AND craftsmanship (kind of a silly thing to say about an import guitar but it really is true). I looked into getting a Dean a while back only because Dime had one, but when I went to go play it in Guitar Center, it felt like something along the lines of a cheap Epiphone. But Jacksons however, again, my personal favorite, and my next guitar, because not only do they look killer, they also feel and sound killer as well. Also, Jacksons are lighter so that helps your back and neck out in the long run as well. Good luck either way.