Hey guys

So i've lined up to check out a BlackStar HT-Studio 20 Head with a Bugera 212v-bk Cab, if i like it i'm swapping it for my Fender Blues Junior 3, is there anyone out there that has played through either of them? What were your thoughts? I really want to know about the Cab more so than the head, i'll probably run a BlackStar HT-Metal Distortion pedal through it, so i'm not too worried about the head but i have no idea how good the cab is or what i can expect, anyone with any knowledge or experience with them would be great

Cheers
"Music Without Emotion Is Like Food Without Flavour"
Paul Gilbert
i haven't tried it but i'm guessing it's not great

big problem is australia (that's why i went to your profile, i'm not stalking you ) is kind of a rip-off for gear.

you know the blackstar is hybrid, right?

what's your budget?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i haven't tried it but i'm guessing it's not great

big problem is australia (that's why i went to your profile, i'm not stalking you ) is kind of a rip-off for gear.

you know the blackstar is hybrid, right?

what's your budget?

It's a straight swap for my Fender Blues Junior 3, so it won't cost anything
Paul Gilbert
All the Bugera cabs are terrible. Just get a Harley Benton or something if you're on a budget.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
I've recently ordered a BlackStar HT-Blackfire distortion pedal, so should i keep the blues junior and run that through it?
Paul Gilbert
No.

Sounds like the Blues Jr is not for you. That's fine. I think it is a pretty killer amp for the price but maybe it doesn't suit the music you like to play.

If that is the case, then sell the BJ and start over.

Do this:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31052894&postcount=2

I'll go down check it out, see what it's like but surely not ALL Bugera cabs are terrible?
Paul Gilbert
^ well i don't think they use plastic clips, at least
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by CJGunner7
I'll go down check it out, see what it's like but surely not ALL Bugera cabs are terrible?

I've played with a Bugera 412 which has essentially the same speakers, just a different wattage as to the ones you're thinking of buying. They sound like ass.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I've played with a Bugera 412 which has essentially the same speakers, just a different wattage as to the ones you're thinking of buying. They sound like ass.

What Harely-Benton would you suggest?
Paul Gilbert
Quote by CJGunner7
What Harely-Benton would you suggest?

The one with V30's in it.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
g212 vintage

i dunno how much they charge for shipping to australia, though. might make it prohibitive.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Where are you?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Blackstar Metal Disti pedal > Blackstar HT > Bugera

**** trifecta

I wouldn't do it but whatever floats your boat. YMMV.

oh come on.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
ive played the bugera cab. lifeless. does sound come out? yeah. no flavor. it is what you pay for.

CAb on the cheap? CARVIN.
http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/212S

they have a straight, no angle too. 300 aint bad. usa made. if you could get into the 400 range Avatar or Splawn.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)