Hello everyone.

I have a tight budget of 130$ for a guitar and 70$ for an amplifier.

I have shortlisted the following:
1. Epiphone LP Special II (whats the difference between this and the GT?)
2. Epiphone SG Special
3. Fender Squier California Fat Strat
4. Ibanez GSA60
5. Ibanez GRG140
6. ESP LTD H-51
7. ESP LTD Kirk Hammett Junior
8. ESP LTD EC-10

What do you guys think?
Whatever you buy, stay away from the Epiphone Special models, they're absolutely awful, utter garbage.

I'd look for an used Yamaha Pacifica 112.
As far as the amp goes, look for an used Peavey Vypyr, Fender Mustang, Roland Cube or Vox Valvetronix.

Your budget won't get you much brand-new, but if you manage to find what I suggested used, you'll have a good starter rig.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Linkerman
Whatever you buy, stay away from the Epiphone Special models, they're absolutely awful, utter garbage.

I'd look for an used Yamaha Pacifica 112.
As far as the amp goes, look for an used Peavey Vypyr, Fender Mustang, Roland Cube or Vox Valvetronix.

Your budget won't get you much brand-new, but if you manage to find what I suggested used, you'll have a good starter rig.

I really like the Les Paul shape. What to do?
Quote by birthofmusic.pi
Hello everyone.

I have a tight budget of 130$ for a guitar and 70$ for an amplifier.

I have shortlisted the following:
1. Epiphone LP Special II (whats the difference between this and the GT?)
2. Epiphone SG Special
3. Fender Squier California Fat Strat
4. Ibanez GSA60
5. Ibanez GRG140
6. ESP LTD H-51
7. ESP LTD Kirk Hammett Junior
8. ESP LTD EC-10

What do you guys think?

Squier - no contest. It's the only usable guitar in that price range. For the amp, get a Roland Cube or something digital along those lines.
Quote by birthofmusic.pi
I really like the Les Paul shape. What to do?

Try finding some used Ibanez ART models, such as ART120, which is amazing guitar for the price.
Unless you buy a used Yamaha Pacifica, you're never going to get anything good at that price range. I'm assuming you're a beginner, and assuming you really want to commit to the hobby, I suggest saving up your money and expanding your budget significantly.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Unless you buy a used Yamaha Pacifica, you're never going to get anything good at that price range. I'm assuming you're a beginner, and assuming you really want to commit to the hobby, I suggest saving up your money and expanding your budget significantly.

Pretty much. The other models in that price range are basically meant to be garbage models that are given to 13 year olds who don't know better.
I might as well throw my vote in on the topic. I say to pick up a Squier and a Roland Cube.
If you can find a h-51 i'd go for that. Ltd makes some of the best "budget" guitars around. A friend of mine owns a metallic blue one and it plays very smoothly.

Also Corts are pretty decent for the money. I received a cort viva gold II as my 2nd guitar for AU$300 new and i reckon its comparable to mid-range Ibanez guitars nearly 3 times that price.

I would personally stay away from Epiphone unless you're buying "standard" models. Their cheaper models are some of the worst i have played.
Quote by birthofmusic.pi
I wanted something new. And, I am a 13 year old!

If you're set on going new, you should really, really, really, really save up a bit more and wait to get something better. If you go used, you can get some decent stuff with that budget, but new, you're really not going to get anything even halfway decent. You're going to get a guitar that sounds and plays like ass, and discourages you from playing, and an amp with the tone of a broken radio.
Quote by birthofmusic.pi
What if I increase my budget to 200$

Then, you might find a used Yamaha Pacifica.
Generally speaking, cheap guitars today are better made than cheap guitars made before you were born...but that doesn't mean they're well made. In the price range you're talking, new guitars will have to compromise somewhere to save costs. And that translates into a guitar that will not be pleasant to play as it goes out of tune, has bad frets and intonation, or is generally just falling apart in se way.

If you can be patient and save up $250-350, you will be able to find used guitars that may give you decades of happiness.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by birthofmusic.pi
I wanted something new. And, I am a 13 year old!

Buying something new isn't really an option if you only have $200 to spend. You're just going to get a heap of junk. Go used. You cannot afford to be picky and buy something new at that price range.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I would take the Squier. They are generally decent all around. Used is hit and miss and if you don't know what to look for then maybe not get a used guitar. That said I did not buy a new guitar until I have been playing for 7 years I had only bought used guitars till then.

Beginner guitars today are much better than they were in my day. Now things are CNC'd so they are playable and often cheaper guitars in my day were made with plywood or particle board.
I am a big Epiphone fan but I agree unless it's a higher priced Epiphone ($400.00+) stay away for lower priced Epiphones. I think you are doing yourself a disservice by not considering a used guitar. If there were any problems with a used guitar they were probably fixed and its most likely been set up already. You are taking a chance with a "new" guitar. I own a lot guitars and most were used when I got them and if they played well there usually was little to no issue with them. I have had more set up and other issues with new off the line guitars. That’s just my opinion.
The Epiphone SG is a great beginner guitar, if you've only been playing for 2-3 years, the Epiphone SG is a great guitar for you, but once you've been around for awhile and trying to customize your own tone, the Epiphone SG becomes obsolete.

Great beginner guitar though, don't get me wrong.
Some see the glass half full, others see the glass half empty. Me? I see that the glass is refillable.
If you want the Les Paul shape, you can find a used ESP LTD EC-100 for $200 commonly. Here's a good find for that price - http://www.guitarcenter.com/ESP-Used-LTD-2000s-EC-100QM-Black-Cherry-Solid-Body-Electric-Guitar-110440391-i3918480.gc

For a $70 amp, if you want more of a metal flavor to your sound try to find a Peavey Vypyr 30 Used - http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-Used-Peavey-Vypyr-30-1X12-30W-Guitar-Combo-Amp-110501452-i3917630.gc

That setup is less than $300 for what should be a good starter guitar and the amp will last you for a while.

If you want to play more cleans, classic rock then go with a Fender Mustang.

Or if you can find a Roland Cube go for that as well for either but I don't have any experience with it.

FWIW the Line6 Spiders are considered junk by most on here.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .