Could be more here
59 55%
Too many already
5 5%
My goal is to end the pit.
33 31%
Voters: 107.
Page 1 of 7
So, compared to a lot of you veteran pitmonkeys, the time that i've been around here the size of the Pit community has not been at its peak.

What are your feeling on this? Would you like more people? Or less? Or are you content?

I think that although there is a room for a few more regulars here, I would rather the Pit not get too full. I've noticed this with another forum I recently joined (don't worry guys you're still #1) and noticed that it is so packed and its hard to actually follow things quite so well.

Poll incoming.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Don't particularly care - there seem to be fewer posters than I remember, but on the other hand there's much less shit as well.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
last option.

it was and is my very reason for signing up to forums.

has taken a while but great wars are not won from minor skirmishes.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
the pit has never had better regulars than it does now (in general. rip brad). if we had more of the same that would be fine, but more megadeth3337s with staind avatars would be shit.
i don't know why i feel so dry
I was around when it was at its peak and it's not really any different.

It's a common myth that it used to be better. People say that probably because they spoke to certain people at that point who don't hang around here anymore. Either way, I've got like 4 threads stickied and i sometimes have a look at others, that's it for me.
Manchester United
Quote by theguitarist
last option.

it was and is my very reason for signing up to forums.

has taken a while but great wars are not won from minor skirmishes.

You are doing a good job, keep it up!
Quote by Nero Galon
the time that i've been around here the size of the Pit community has not been at its peak.
And it never will, so don't hold your breath.

The last time we had this discussion, I believe I said that the only way for it to possibly reach it's peak anymore would be if some celebrity were to post. And no, I don't mean like Slash starting a thread posting a link where you can ask him stuff there (it would be pretty active for a small while, but ultimately end up the way it is now all over again). I mean a regular poster.

And again, that would more than likely never happen.

But then again, your idea of peak is just your perspective. Not a mutual thing.
Me? I don't really care.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Sep 12, 2014,
The community here is a bit shit but at least it is an actual community. More new users would be great but the Pit needs the small town feel or we might as well become reddit neckbeards.
The Pit is a better forum now than it was 5 or 7 years ago. It's smaller and more tightly moderated, both of which are good things, I think.

It's almost the perfect size actually, because it's large enough that you have a relatively active community, but small enough that it still feels like a community where everybody kind of knows everybody. inb4 "lol who's this guy?"
It's probably a good size now. A decent amount of regulars that know each other and pretty much the nicest mods of any site I've ever been on, but not so few users that it's too boring.
Meh. It's alright. I miss some of the old time hijinks, like the weekly shoop threads. The running Keanu was my favorite one.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
It used to be a bit more fun, UG in general has been more tightly moderated than it used to be, which makes sense because everything from kids moms and worship leaders to goregrind stoners visit the site, but its also lead to fewer crazy threads. Then the second thing is that it seems that as the world in general has become a darker place, more and more posts are becoming increasingly nationalistic and strongly political
I prefer 08 pit over all, but it's not terrible right now I guess. It could do with some more users though.
Sail upon the open skies
It seems like there was a lot more going on back when the Pit was more full. But I know damn well that most of what was going on was just Kensai posting and everyone fellating him.

I lose interest pretty quickly with so few people in here because things move more slowly, but I come back and check more often because with less posts flying around, I feel more like people actually see my posts and acknowledge them.

I wouldn't mind just a few more users though.
i wouldn't mind if there were more people i haven't been on the forums much but i enjoy reading them.
It was more fun a few years ago when it was still kinda slow but there were more regulars
It's probably about 5 meters wide, 3 meters deep.
How do you make a signature? Is this a signature? Sig?.... Nature?..... Sigmund Freud?...... Nature Valley?.... Sigmund Fraud?..... Frankie Valli?.... ah, $!*@ it...
I'd say it's about the size of your mum's ass. (implying you mum has a fat ass)
eh
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
there could stand to be 100 more, but I'd hate to see the pit become a really popular forum. makes things less personal and whatnot.
¯\_()_/¯
I liked it a few years ago when it was past the peak but you could still have a post fall from the top of page 1 to page 3 in an hour.

But I like it now too because the community has gotten better.
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I like that most people recognize each other. I wouldn't really give a crap if I didn't know others/others didn't know me.

I probably am too attached to this place since I get a little defensive in my head when I see someone shit talk "The Pit" in general. So yeah, you could say I'm content here.

Quote by GuitarGod_92
The community here is a bit shit but at least it is an actual community. More new users would be great but the Pit needs the small town feel or we might as well become reddit neckbeards.

#NotAllUGers
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Sep 12, 2014,
Quote by GuitarGod_92

Maybe if you weren't such a bitch all the time, people would like you and you wouldn't feel this way.

Edit: Oh, and me calling you a bitch has solely to do with your attitude and nothing to do with your sexual orientation, gender choice, or anything else.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Sep 12, 2014,
The pit is good. Maybe fifty more wouldn't be too bad, but as everyone's said, we all kind of recognise each other.

And the Pit is definitely not more tightly moderated now than before. I mean, I haven't seen anyone getting banned in the last year for saying "Israel sucks", or for posting the pear, etc etc. The Pit is moderated just right.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
sam you're not qualified to give advice on how to be liked
in fact it's pretty patronizing to hear it from a universal butt of jokes

literally a butt
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
MEdit: Oh, and me calling you a bitch has solely to do with your attitude and nothing to do with your sexual orientation, gender choice, or anything else.

Good that you mentioned this, otherwise it would not have been cool.

edit: also just noting you said 'gender choice'.
Quote by Eastwinn
in fact it's pretty patronizing to hear it from a universal butt of jokes

literally a butt
Ean, go be angsty elsewhere. Thanks.

Quote by ali.guitarkid7
edit: also just noting you said 'gender choice'.

Yes, that was a reference to letting a child decide when they're old enough. You know, not forcing gender stereotypes on a kid & such.
Kids can't even choose what to eat, you gonna let them handle gender
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Ean, go be angsty elsewhere. Thanks.

do you know what the word angsty means?

i am not being angsty. i am politely informing you that you are butt. human trash, perhaps, but in any case a rump.
Quote by Eastwinn
do you know what the word angsty mean?

i am not being angsty. i am politely informing you that you are butt. human trash, perhaps, but in any case a rump.

Seriously, Ean, who pissed in your cheerios?
i have no opinion one way or another, i've been here a longer time but i don't mind how it is now. i mostly just stick to the background anyway
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Seriously, Ean, who pissed in your cheerios?

i do not eat cereal because it is only good with milk and i am lactose intolerant. as an actual butt, i'm sure you can sympathize.