I have a schecter omen active and when I'm plugged in and playing and I use the pickup selector the clicking of it is very loud as I push it down. Any ideas on how I can fix that?
Ok, you've probably got a short in the switch or it's dirty.

The cheapest option is to take it apart and clean it (electrical contact cleaner is best, WD-40 and some work with a cloth is fine) and then re-solder the contacts.

The slightly more expensive but still cheap option is to just get another switch. They're not expensive and a new, better switch will almost certainly fix the problem. Then you'll have a more durable switch (OEM part is probably cheap and worn) and you won't have to worry about it for a long time.

Most expensive is to take it to a tech and have them do one or both of the above. Soldering is easy to learn, and even buying an iron and a bit of solder is going to be cheaper than a bench fee for a tech, but if you're really not comfortable replacing the switch yourself, a tech should be able to fix the issue without too much fuss.
Check the wiring, if that's fine, consider buying a new switch. . . Schecter isn't exactly th best brand. Always talk to a guitar tech first though.
Quote by The_Pyramidion
Check the wiring, if that's fine, consider buying a new switch. . . Schecter isn't exactly th best brand. Always talk to a guitar tech first though.

If that's the kind of advice you have to give, don't bother.

+3,1415 to what Roc8995 said.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Roc8995
Ok, you've probably got a short in the switch or it's dirty.

The cheapest option is to take it apart and clean it (electrical contact cleaner is best, WD-40 and some work with a cloth is fine) and then re-solder the contacts.

The slightly more expensive but still cheap option is to just get another switch. They're not expensive and a new, better switch will almost certainly fix the problem. Then you'll have a more durable switch (OEM part is probably cheap and worn) and you won't have to worry about it for a long time.

Most expensive is to take it to a tech and have them do one or both of the above. Soldering is easy to learn, and even buying an iron and a bit of solder is going to be cheaper than a bench fee for a tech, but if you're really not comfortable replacing the switch yourself, a tech should be able to fix the issue without too much fuss.

Alright thanks, depending on how hard that will be then I might just ask my friends dad
Quote by lukaszwida29
Alright thanks, depending on how hard that will be then I might just ask my friends dad

Piece of piss if you can solder. If not, ask a friend that can (or in your case your dads friend) and sit and watch with him how he does it.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals