Hey, there, new guy over here, I figured as a new, first post, I'd tell you about this killer OD pedal I picked up a couple of days ago:

*The Bogner Ecstasy Red: for the last couple of months, I had been deliberating about what distortion/overdrive unit to buy, with the shrill, sterile and harsh-sounding MXR Full Bore Pedal not agreeing with my ears [no matter what settings/adjustments I've tried, unfortunately], it was between this, the Wampler Triple Wreck and the ISP Theta Preamp ..it is everything as advertised and a lot more....the range of sounds you can dial-in is staggering, I love the variac switch for low-volume sweetness, the mode switch is killer, the EQ switch I'm still experimenting a bit and the structure switch is pretty cool, offering modes of the Bogner Ecstasy Red Channel [100-101-20th Anniv.]...I am very happy with this pedal, it is the stopgap, plus I have the organic warmth, roundness and versatility
While it is a decent stand-alone pedal, It is nowhere in the same ballpark as any good amp is.

HNPD and enjoy what you have bought
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
True, I'm just using it for my Randall RVC 5 practice amp, since I do have a Blackstar HT40 sitting in my garage, although I am tempted to run it through the effects return loop, just to be curious, LOL!!
Quote by gerrygtr62
True, I'm just using it for my Randall RVC 5 practice amp, since I do have a Blackstar HT40 sitting in my garage, although I am tempted to run it through the effects return loop, just to be curious, LOL!!

Did you get a decent deal on it? They seem kinda expensive new ($250)
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I horse-traded some pedals and a guitar for it [plus I added a Boss DD-3 along with the Red]....I'd check ebay and online stores like Zzounds and AMS, where they have them for less than $2299.00 from the blowout and outlet section
Quote by gerrygtr62
I horse-traded some pedals and a guitar for it [plus I added a Boss DD-3 along with the Red]....I'd check ebay and online stores like Zzounds and AMS, where they have them for less than $2299.00 from the blowout and outlet section

Yeah, I almost bought the Uberschall pedal last week MF had them for $129. I didn't and now I'm wishing I would have
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I still might get the Uberschall to go with my Red, don't really need the Blue one, since I can get those same tones anyways