So I'm looking at this cab
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Tweaker212X
But I barely know anything about stacks. I know the head needs to be the same impedance but what else? This ones 16 ohms, I'm looking for a head to match it, doesn't need to be egnator, but I would to only spend 1000 in total so like a head being from 300-500 price range would be nice, but I have no idea what to get
You're doing this backwards. Find a good head, then match a cab to it. Do not spend the larger portion of your budget on a cab.

The cab is just a box with speakers, the head does the actual amplifying and most of the tone shaping. What you're doing is buying tires and then asking what car those tires fit on.
^ I dunno, the cab is pretty damn important. A great head will still sound shit through shit speakers.

$1000 is a hard budget for a stack new. Not much good stuff to find that cheap.

TS, are you willing to go used?

And what tone are you trying to get? What bands/songs have a tone you'd like to get close to?

Whereabouts in the world are you located? US I assume? If you give us a county/city we can check out your craigslist and find you better deals.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
^ I dunno, the cab is pretty damn important. A great head will still sound shit through shit speakers.

I agree in general, but I was trying to keep it simple in this case since clearly this is their first stack purchase.