Tried the FX forum, NADA.

So, I want a multi FX for my bass and I heard great things about both pedals.

The thing is, the M9 is far more expensive and the B3 is made specifically for bass. But, What does put me off in the B3 is that I cant assign what the expression pedal controls.

Which would you suggest?
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Last edited by Guitar0player at Sep 12, 2014,
If you are looking for a bass multi-effects pedal, you probably will not be happy with a unit that is designed specifically for the electric guitar. Some guitar effects work well with a bass, but others do not.

Some people like the Zoom pedals, but the fact that so many of them are made of plastic makes me wonder how well they hold up under long-term use. Frankly, I would look at the Boss ME-50B or GT-10B multi-effects pedals. They have been around for a while and have a good reputation.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41
If you are looking for a bass multi-effects pedal, you probably will not be happy with a unit that is designed specifically for the electric guitar. Some guitar effects work well with a bass, but others do not.

Some people like the Zoom pedals, but the fact that so many of them are made of plastic makes me wonder how well they hold up under long-term use. Frankly, I would look at the Boss ME-50B or GT-10B multi-effects pedals. They have been around for a while and have a good reputation.

The GT10B is way out of my price range and the ME50B is too...simple.
Quote by JKing138
You can assign what the expression pedal controls on the Zoom B3.

Really? I thought you couldnt, I read that somewhere on a different forum(second and third opinion always needed).
I own a B3 and use an expression pedal, it can be assigned to any of the 3 pedals active in the patch. All of the sims can be controled and some sims have more then one option of parameters to control (if I remember correctly). You can also assign which direction you want the expression pedal to work in.
Oh, then this is excellent.

Anything else you can tell me about the B3?
The effects are overall very good, dirt (as always) a little digital and lacking, but using an EQ of preamp sim after does help. There are some great threads on TalkBass about the B3.

Amp sims are good, with adjustable amount of cab simulation and the option to mix heads and cabs.

Wide range of effects (some not particularly useful) the digitech whammy sim is great to play with. I use what I need, but have everything I could possible imagine to mess around with.

You are restricted to 3 sims at any one time but it's still enough to work with. Whether you use them as individual stomp boxes or as a whole patch.
You have learn how to use it, to really explore and tweak to find what you like as the presets are not particularly great, which can be a little frustrating to start.

Overall, very useful, you will spend hours playing with this (I've had it for 1 year and I'm still discovering what it can do).